ICM

Started by Maverick, February 27, 2009, 08:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcf

Quote from: Mossie on April 02, 2024, 09:15:35 AMA friend wasn't keen on the way they split the cab longitudinally on the 1/35 Packard Twelve, but the 1/24 models seem to broken down more traditionally from what I can see.  Hopefully they'll be a number of variants like their Model T range.
I have their Opel Admiral Cabriolet and, like many of their other 1/35th car kits, it's broken down like the multi-part
body car models of the '50s and early '60s. Very fussy compared to the "one-piece body" that became the standard.

Mossie

Yes, very difficult to get a seamless finish. 
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Mossie

1/35 Ukrainian armed forces weapons set. An eclectic mix, might be useful for all kinds of whiffs, not just Ukrainian. Maxim gun to quadcopter drone, could just as much be called weapons through the ages.
https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/ICM35749

You cannot view this attachment.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Old Wombat

That's one Hell of a weapons set! :blink:  :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 12, 2024, 05:30:22 AMThat's one Hell of a weapons set! :blink:  :thumbsup:

I think ICM are preaty fair value for money  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Isn't that LMG top right of that set the WWII German MG34?

And 4th down on the left side is an American M2 .50 cal machine gun too?

The Ukranians are using anything that comes to hand in that case, hardly surprising really.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 12, 2024, 09:52:08 AMIsn't that LMG top right of that set the WWII German MG34?

Could also be either an MG42 or MG3
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Old Wombat

Quote from: scooter on July 12, 2024, 10:06:07 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 12, 2024, 09:52:08 AMIsn't that LMG top right of that set the WWII German MG34?

Could also be either an MG42 or MG3

Not an MG.34!

Possibly a MG.42 but, more likely, it's post-war sibling, the MG.3 - both the latter have long slots on the left side of their barrel shrouds & a full-length slot on the right, while the MG.34 had lots of smaller, circular holes in the barrel shroud.

And, yes, the Ukrainians used anything they could get their hands on, especially in the early days, including WW2 era Mauser & Mosin rifles (there are even photo's of Ukrainians using Stg.44s!) & the WW1 era PM M1910 is still being used.

Private collector weapons are much less common now (getting the ammo for many of them was the problem) & the Ukrainian small-arms are becoming much more standardised.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

frank2056

This looks like a great set and covers overt a century of weapons; there's video of the Maxim PM M1910 in use by the Ukrainians. The Stugna-P is from a figure set I built earlier this year. It requires modifications to make a particular version and some detailing, but it looks good when done. I think the drones and controller are from their "War has no gender" kit, which I have on order:

Rick Lowe

Where are the figures of Guys holding a puppy/kitten and taking a selfie? That's stereotyping, that is!  ;D  ;)

Nice to see something like this, though.
You could easily enough modify the sitting girl to be firing either a grenade launcher or HMG. Or a sniper rifle...  just a stray thought... <_<

Wardukw

OK that weapons set I'm gonna have to get ..the RPG 7 and the RPG 16 might come in handy .
The AGS17 grenade launcher might be useful to  ;D

As for the machine guns..it'll be a MG3 foe sure..the main reason will be the ammo..the MG3 is 7.62mm nato like the FN MAG and M240 B ..the MG42 is 7.92mm and getting that ammo is a mission even in a non war zone let alone in one .
The barrels would also be a impossible item to find too.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Quote from: Wardukw on July 16, 2024, 01:37:04 AMOK that weapons set I'm gonna have to get ..the RPG 7 and the RPG 16 might come in handy .
The AGS17 grenade launcher might be useful to  ;D

As for the machine guns..it'll be a MG3 foe sure..the main reason will be the ammo..the MG3 is 7.62mm nato like the FN MAG and M240 B ..the MG42 is 7.92mm and getting that ammo is a mission even in a non war zone let alone in one .
The barrels would also be a impossible item to find too.

And with an MG-42 you'll be needing nearly as many barrels as bullets.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Mossie

Plus the MG-3 remains in service with many nations and even in production, not bad when the basic design is eighty years old. So easy to come by spares.

frank2056

Quote from: Rick Lowe on July 15, 2024, 10:35:50 PMWhere are the figures of Guys holding a puppy/kitten and taking a selfie? That's stereotyping, that is!  ;D  ;)

Close:  Russian-Ukrainian War series, kit № 7. News from home

Weaver

And 4th down on the left side is an American M2 .50 cal machine gun too?

The Ukranians are using anything that comes to hand in that case, hardly surprising really.

Most likely an MG3 (MG-42 in NATO 7.62mm, basically) as others have said.

M2HBs are still in production and widespread use all over the western-supplied world, including the USA and UK, so that's not too surprising. Every attempt to replace it with something "better" has fallen flat on the fact that, like the DC-3, the M2HB is so over-engineered that you just can't wear the bloody things out!

Note also the folding-stock FN FAL (metric SLR) left and down from the MG3.

They've had all sorts of fascinating stuff either delivered to them from surplus or dug up out of decades-old war stocks, plus they've been doing a lot of gonzo-engineering of their own (how does a kit to strap six grenades to an RPG-7 round sound to you?). There's a YouTube channel called The Armourer's Bench that's done a pretty good job of documenting it all as footage surfaces.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones