ICM

Started by Maverick, February 27, 2009, 08:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Quote from: zenrat on July 16, 2024, 04:06:49 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on July 16, 2024, 01:37:04 AMOK that weapons set I'm gonna have to get ..the RPG 7 and the RPG 16 might come in handy .
The AGS17 grenade launcher might be useful to  ;D

As for the machine guns..it'll be a MG3 foe sure..the main reason will be the ammo..the MG3 is 7.62mm nato like the FN MAG and M240 B ..the MG42 is 7.92mm and getting that ammo is a mission even in a non war zone let alone in one .
The barrels would also be a impossible item to find too.

And with an MG-42 you'll be needing nearly as many barrels as bullets.
Yep..with a normal rate of 1200 rpm barrels don't last long if your ripping ..thankfully it takes less than 20 seconds to change the barrel but only if you have the glove..gotta have the glove  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

scooter

Quote from: Wardukw on July 16, 2024, 11:57:06 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on July 16, 2024, 01:37:04 AMOK that weapons set I'm gonna have to get ..the RPG 7 and the RPG 16 might come in handy .

As for the machine guns..it'll be a MG3 foe sure..the main reason will be the ammo..the MG3 is 7.62mm nato like the FN MAG and M240 B ..the MG42 is 7.92mm and getting that ammo is a mission even in a non war zone let alone in one .

Yep..with a normal rate of 1200 rpm barrels don't last long if your ripping ..thankfully it takes less than 20 seconds to change the barrel but only if you have the glove..gotta have the glove  ;D

Who doesn't enjoy the feeling or smell of searing flesh on a hot MG barrel?
<- Former USAF-qual'd M-60 gunner
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Wardukw

Quote from: scooter on July 16, 2024, 01:26:23 PM
Quote from: Wardukw on July 16, 2024, 11:57:06 AM

Who doesn't enjoy the feeling or smell of searing flesh on a hot MG barrel?
<- Former USAF-qual'd M-60 gunner

Oh also known to me as well  Scooter mate 😆
Especially when out on the range when it's damn near a free fire day ...so many rounds down range   ;D
Man those days are really missed..used to love our as our RSM called it..enemy fun day  :wacko:
That's when we'd teach other troops the use of enemies weapons ..I loved showing em how good the PKM was..a very nicely balanced weapon to shoot from a static position 👌
It's even more fun when there's zero ammo restrictions  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

Quote from: frank2056 on July 16, 2024, 11:22:56 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on July 15, 2024, 10:35:50 PMWhere are the figures of Guys holding a puppy/kitten and taking a selfie? That's stereotyping, that is!  ;D  ;)

Close:  Russian-Ukrainian War series, kit № 7. News from home

:thumbsup:  ;D

kerick

Quote from: Rick Lowe on July 16, 2024, 10:02:45 PM
Quote from: frank2056 on July 16, 2024, 11:22:56 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on July 15, 2024, 10:35:50 PMWhere are the figures of Guys holding a puppy/kitten and taking a selfie? That's stereotyping, that is!  ;D  ;)

Close:  Russian-Ukrainian War series, kit № 7. News from home

:thumbsup:  ;D

Where's the beaver? There was a video clip going around of beaver refusing to leave an Ukraine trench.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

frank2056

NARSES2

This will be getting ordered via Hannants in the next day or so  ;)

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/ICM72290?result-token=wwkcV

Fw189C/V6

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

When I was at the Big H on Friday they had LOADS of them on the shelves, and the smoother, multi-seated version too, not the more familiar recce one with a Bv-141 style canopy.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 22, 2024, 10:10:51 AMWhen I was at the Big H on Friday they had LOADS of them on the shelves, and the smoother, multi-seated version too, not the more familiar recce one with a Bv-141 style canopy.

Yup, but this is the dedicated ground attack version.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

That IS the one they had loads of, with a very small, armoured and narrowed cockpit section.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

zenrat

I have in the stash an Airfix FW189 with no cockpit nacelle.
Ideas, ideas, ideas...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 23, 2024, 06:31:03 AMThat IS the one they had loads of, with a very small, armoured and narrowed cockpit section.

Oh ? Well when I looked it was still on Backorder  :unsure:

And still is https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/ICM72290?result-token=wwkcV - strange  :unsure:

The Wooksta!

There was a resin conversion from RS to do it using the Airfix kit as a donor and IIRC MPM did one too.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 24, 2024, 05:55:58 AMOh ? Well when I looked it was still on Backorder  :unsure:

And still is https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/ICM72290?result-token=wwkcV - strange  :unsure:

That's bizarre, there were ZILLIONS of them on the shelves!  :-\

Unless someone else put one out as well, and those were the ones I saw?

Regards
Kit

Mossie

Could be they have the stock, but haven't updated it online yet?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.