ICM

Started by Maverick, February 27, 2009, 08:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Mossie on July 24, 2024, 08:54:40 AMCould be they have the stock, but haven't updated it online yet?

Could be Mossie. Might also be a case of ICM putting an embargo on them ? Or perhaps they like all their stockists worldwide to have stock in place prior to the official August release date ? Fair playing field sort of thing ?

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 24, 2024, 07:08:47 AMand IIRC MPM did one too.

I thought I could remember one
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

jcf

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 23, 2024, 06:31:03 AMThat IS the one they had loads of, with a very small, armoured and narrowed cockpit section.
Probably the Special Hobby kit:
Hannants-Special Hobby Fw 189C
They show 10+ in stock. 

PR19_Kit

Could be, there were over 50 in sight!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: jcf on July 25, 2024, 11:56:53 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 23, 2024, 06:31:03 AMThat IS the one they had loads of, with a very small, armoured and narrowed cockpit section.
Probably the Special Hobby kit:
Hannants-Special Hobby Fw 189C
They show 10+ in stock.

Ah could be.

I'm working on the basis the ICM one will be an easier/better build ? We shall see. :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

ICM 1/35 Universal Military Pod and M8A1 US Landing Mat, due this month.
https://icm.com.ua/aviation/universal-military-pod/

To go with their 1/35 CH-54 which is currently 1/3 off at Hannants:
https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/ICM53054?result-token=CpJDJ

I'm sure someone could find something else to do with it though...

You cannot view this attachment.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

That's a LOT of helicopter!  :o

I thought my 1/72 scale one was big, but........................
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

I'm still waiting hopefully for them to bring out a 1/35 CH-53D ... I might even get a 2nd mortgage on the house & buy two! ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

I was wondering if ICM would bring out the pod for their Skycrane .
One day I'll have one ...that day tho is a very long way away 🙃
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Steel Penguin

Argh!   this is another of the wants multiples thing  :banghead:
i realy cant afford this at the moment.....
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Mossie

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 11, 2024, 11:44:14 AMThat's a LOT of helicopter!  :o

I thought my 1/72 scale one was big, but........................

Here's how big it is:

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Mossie

There's several versions of the CH-54 kit, including one with the pod (no mat) and one with a daisy cutter. Hannants have a few on offer at the moment for those in the UK, if you're really hankering for that decree nisi...

https://www.hannants.co.uk/search/index.php?adv=1&product_category_id=&product_division_id=&manufacturer_id=8060&product_type_id=&code=&scale_id=954&keyword_search=Ch-54&setPerPage=100&sort=0&search_direction=0&save_search_name=&save_search=

jcf

Still no Erickson version, which is the only one that would engage my interest. Back in '96 when I was working at HeliPro in Bellingham, Washington one of the Erickson machines stopped by for a couple of days. It was fascinating to see up close.

scooter

Quote from: Mossie on September 11, 2024, 11:29:40 AMI'm sure someone could find something else to do with it though...

Battalion Aid Station

VHF FM Retransmission van

Company Tactical Operations Center (TOC)

Containerized housing unit

Post-apocalyptic shanty

Motor Pool garage (light vehicles)

And those are just off the top of my head
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

kerick

Quote from: jcf on September 12, 2024, 02:28:39 PMStill no Erickson version, which is the only one that would engage my interest. Back in '96 when I was working at HeliPro in Bellingham, Washington one of the Erickson machines stopped by for a couple of days. It was fascinating to see up close.

That would be an interesting project. It would have to have all the fire fighting gear of course. It could make a huge diorama.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

jcf

Quote from: scooter on September 12, 2024, 02:34:35 PM
Quote from: Mossie on September 11, 2024, 11:29:40 AMI'm sure someone could find something else to do with it though...

Battalion Aid Station

VHF FM Retransmission van

Company Tactical Operations Center (TOC)

Containerized housing unit

Post-apocalyptic shanty

Motor Pool garage (light vehicles)

And those are just off the top of my head
LabYou cannot view this attachment.