Main Menu

Harri-Hog!

Started by lenny100, February 28, 2009, 03:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lenny100

more photos with wing attached
remeber this is all from my scrap chest only so some parts are not exactly "normal!"

Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

lenny100

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on March 01, 2009, 09:27:45 AM
This is the best kind of styrene insanity.  I think it would look cool in near-black with deep grey tiger stripes but that's just me.  Looking forward to more!
I love the idea of the cool look but the other way around as i have a set of markings from a tiger strip EH101 in my stash

PR19_Kit

Quote from: lenny100 on March 01, 2009, 08:06:23 AM
this aircraft uses a new development of the Pegasus 7 which has a RR Trent 8104 as a core giving some 117,00 lbf of thrust compared to the normal 28,000 lbf thrust of the normal Pegasus 6 fitted to the harrier gr9

Jeepers! It not so much takes-off vertically as shoves the Earth the other way!!

Should be a great airshow performer....... ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

sudzonic

Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul!

lenny100

sorry mis-type should have read 41,700 lbf not 117.00lbf

Eddie M.

I never imagine the course you're taking, but I think you've stepped it up on the coolness level meter.;D
Look behind you!

BlackOps

Great job of a great profile! Looks like this is going to be a very cool build Lenny.  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Sisko

Wow it looks so right! :cheers:

I have a 1/48th HOG kit at home gives me some very evil ideas! :wacko:
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

lenny100

unfortunately i have hit a brick wall with this build ( can't find the canopy) so this weekend at the northern model show i will be looking for a 1/48 a10 and try to build it again in a larger scale
I already have a 1/48 harrier so its not so bad
pity as it was coming along fine, I wont be scraping the work i have done up to know as i my find the canopy at a future date.
i cant remember which kit it is so sorry

Weaver

Bummer - it's a bubble canopy, so will nothing else fit? Meteor? Mustang?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

lenny100

i have come up with a solution and also a great display
i will use this as part of a Sig display showing the profile by JP
this model in is present state as a work in progress with a knife and spare parts around it and the finished 1/48 scale kit on one board with the groups logs etc and if i have permission from the senior members a collection tine for "combat stress"

noxioux

Ah, terrible.  I do have a 1/48 hog canopy in my parts bin somewhere.  If you do tackle it in 1/48 and need something, I may have it, FYI.

Also, the question brought up about the gas-ingestion from the gun has a simple answer.  On the A-10 stick, the trigger has 2 detents, the first activates some sort of igniters in the engines, the second detents fires the gun.

nev

Lenny - you could scratch a windscreen frame and then drape a tarpaulin over over it, thus negating the need for a canopy.  I've got a picture in one of my GW1 books with a Saudi Hawk just like that after the canopy was removed following "damage"
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Vulcan7

Great idea Lenny....its gonna look the business  :ph34r: :tornado: :thumbsup:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

lenny100

Got the parts today at the northen show so next week whilst i am in hospital i will be working on it