AZ Models

Started by NARSES2, March 01, 2009, 02:28:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

"Joy Pack"... Says it all. Kits put out there for the pure joy of building (not necessarily "finishing").

:cheers:

Guy
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Spey_Phantom

in other words, Whiff fodder  ;D
i might get a pack and build them in German, Dutch and UK Army markings  :mellow:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

TsrJoe

hmm, Finnish Ilmavoimat/Maavoimat Hueycobra's, hmm  :wacko:
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

kitbasher

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 05, 2013, 10:56:52 PM
Quote from: Weaver on October 05, 2013, 07:27:09 PM
Wonder what's behind that decision? Good for Whiffers, mind you...

Perhaps they've had a spat with their decal producers?  ;D

They do the same with their Spitfire IX. Seems a good idea.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on October 06, 2013, 03:11:19 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 05, 2013, 10:56:52 PM
Quote from: Weaver on October 05, 2013, 07:27:09 PM
Wonder what's behind that decision? Good for Whiffers, mind you...

Perhaps they've had a spat with their decal producers?  ;D

They do the same with their Spitfire IX. Seems a good idea.

Beat me to it mate. I think it's a good idea. How many of us buy multiples and then box the kits transfers so we can use our own aftermarket ones ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Madoc on July 17, 2013, 10:57:43 AM
Dizzyfugu,

I bought one of the C1 "Night fighter" Luftwaffe versions of that and it's a rather nice kit, actually.  Typical of AZ Models current tech.  It seems that someone at AZ Models "gets it" when it comes to Whiffing what, with their US NACA, Japanese and Soviet liveries.  Good on them!

Got one of these, too (you never know...). Nice kit, looks crisp and clean. I wonder if there might come a third one with a modified fuselage/wing - earlier designs of this aircraft had crew members placed behind glass in the wing roots(!) on each side of the cockpit, which was only single-seated.  The C was a late development as a twin-seater.

Captain Canada

Cool. I would go for 3 Cobras in one box !

Never seen any of their kits over here tho.....

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Their Devastators are in time for Telford.

If I get one (I think I have a couple ?) it will be this one. They ae also doing one in wartime markings

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/ADM7210
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

The new range of Me 109 G's are out at Hannants now

The Wooksta!

Good for those that like 109s but are they that much better than the Fine Moulds ones? 
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on December 14, 2013, 04:32:59 PM
Good for those that like 109s but are they that much better than the Fine Moulds ones? 

Agree Lee, but at least they should be easier to source. I've a few of the Fine Moulds boxings and they are lovely kits

Weaver

Another interesting subject from AZ which I think I'm right in saying hasn't been modelled before, the Vultee Valiant. Loads of whiff potential: you could credibly give Valiants to any number of other air arms, and there's some interesting decals to nick here in order to put on other trainers:

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/ADM7237

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/ADM7238

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/ADM7239

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Captain Canada

Very nice ! I could defo go for one or five !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

I saw that this morning, but can't figure out which boxing to go for ?

Weaver

Personally, I'd go with the Mexico/Cuba/Argentina one, because you can then swap decals with other trainer kits to make a whole range of whiffs, and arms dealing in those areas was/is so shady that they'd all be credible.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones