AZ Models

Started by NARSES2, March 01, 2009, 02:28:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

To do a 1/72 DH.101 you need a 1/60 scale Mosquito as a donor, still lots to change though, the fuselages are quite different. A Jet Mosquito I think it's around 1/65 or 66 you'd need. Not that there's any animal to do either.
My comment about the Centaurus on the DH.101 probably would be underpowered for it, the description given for the Sabre variant earmarked for the DH.101 was very similar to what the specs were for a Sabre VII or VIII, so around 3000hp. I don't think they developed a Centaurus over 2500hp.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

The Wooksta!

What was the scale for the Lindberg He 111?  60th?
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitnut617

Quote from: The Wooksta! on May 16, 2020, 10:21:00 AM
What was the scale for the Lindberg He 111?  60th?

The Big Book says 1/63. But even though the 111 fuselage looks like a Mosquito fuselage, it's quite different. It was something I looked at when I first started working out the DH.101 build I have in progress (long-term that is). Plus the cross-section through the DH.101 is totally different to the Mosquitos. It was the same with the Hampden wing, it sort of looks like a Mossie wing but there's enough difference that scratch building a wing would just be as quick.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

The Wooksta!

You must have read my mind as I thought about a Hampden wing a few minutes after the last post.  48th Mossie wing cut down and reshaped?  Although on second thoughts a 48th Vampire wing might be better - the Hobbycraft one is rubbish so could be useful as parts fodder.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

July issue of SAM has the Hornet listed in AZ's advert so maybe they will be on their way to the Big H and thus to me soon ?  :thumbsup:

As an aside the July SAM is a Battle of Britain 80th Anniversary special. Some interesting builds.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

If it's something from AZ/KPM I *really* want, I tend to run a search on ebay of the Czech and Polish traders, as they generally have AZ/KP stuff a good fortnight afore Hannants do.

Still no sign of the Hornets.  Despite having a goodly stash of Frog/Novo and Skybirds kits, I've placed an order with Uncle Frank for a pair of each, largely because the spare decals will be handy for the other kits in the stash, no to mention whiffed ones.

This is the one kit I'm looking forward to the most, but utterly dreading, because we've seen sod all other than the canopy sprue and the box art.  And given the ill fitting and inaccurate parcel of dog turds that was the Special Hobby kit, I don't think I can take the disappointment.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

I've had a fair bit of stuff from AZ direct, but the ongoing Covid 19 situation meant I went via Hannats for these.

Things are getting back to normal however as Hataka in Poland have commenced shipping again  :thumbsup: They informed me yesterday
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

Ah, cheers Lee.

As I've said elsewhere I was impressed with the Peewit masks I used on my Ki-102

The Wooksta!

Jan Polc of AZ has said that the Hornets are ready for distribution from Monday, the F.1 and PR.2

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

Ah, cheers Lee. Hannants have them as being pushed back to October, so that fits I suppose.

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

The Wooksta!

Looks better than the Special Hobby kit, but I've got some reservations.  There's no spar caps, yet again there's panel lines where there should be none and the wheels don't look right either.  There's some underwing vent on the leading edge near the engine that are missing too.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

kitbasher

Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 08, 2020, 02:51:05 AM
Looks better than the Special Hobby kit, but I've got some reservations.  There's no spar caps, yet again there's panel lines where there should be none and the wheels don't look right either.  There's some underwing vent on the leading edge near the engine that are missing too.

Nothing that couldn't readily be fixed by a fastidious modeller though.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

The Wooksta!

I know I'm going to paraphrase some nerk on Britmodeller I cant stand but "It's just as easy to get it right as it is to get it wrong."  If I'm forking out twenty notes - and I can't see it being cheaper than that - then I expect it to be right.  I shouldn't have to fix it.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan: