AZ Models

Started by NARSES2, March 01, 2009, 02:28:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

The Spitfire Joypack is nice but be aware that unless you change the oil cooler to the smaller mk I version, you CANNOT get either the mk Ib or IIb out of the box.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

jcf

Rob at West Coast Hobbys has the AZ 1/72 Bell TH-1G on special at $15.00CDN for them what's interested in 1/72 Cobras.
Same as their AH-1G series, just with training markings.

http://www.westcoasthobbys.com/product/az7451-th-1g

Weaver

Heads up - AZ's triple Hueycobra 'Joypack' (3 sets of sprues, no decals or etch) is now on limited availability at Hannants, which means they won't be able to get it again.

2 in stock, £16 each (that's £5.30 per model!)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

These molds have been out before (see page 3-ish of this thread) but the product code numbers have changed and I think that at least the colour schemes of the what if one have changed as well.

AZ Model
Aircraft kits (injection)
AZM7519 1:72 Kawasaki Ki-78 Ken "Prototype"  £8.99  £7.49
http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/AZM7519

AZ Model
Aircraft kits (injection)
AZM7520 1:72 Kawasaki Ki-78 Ken "Special" (What-If)  £8.99  £7.49
http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/AZM7520

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Dizzyfugu

The prototype is the same as before, but the whiffy boxing (artwork and the versions, AFAIK) is new. Nice service: the aircraft is so tiny that there are actually two kits in the box, so you can easily build a "real" one and whif up the other one.  ;D

Weaver

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on April 27, 2016, 12:00:21 AM
The prototype is the same as before, but the whiffy boxing (artwork and the versions, AFAIK) is new. Nice service: the aircraft is so tiny that there are actually two kits in the box, so you can easily build a "real" one and whif up the other one.  ;D

Are you sure about that for this re-issue? They normally flag the fact that there are multiple kits in the box quite prominently, and they havn't done so on the re-issue boxes. They're also quite a lot cheaper than the original issue, so maybe these are only one-per-box?

- Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

That Ki-78 prototype looks very much like the Napier-Heston Racer, doesn't it?

Or is it my warped mind?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

I got the original boxing which was 2 kits in the box (like Weaver I think this issue may only have 1) and it goes together well. They are on site somewhere
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 27, 2016, 06:35:58 AM
That Ki-78 prototype looks very much like the Napier-Heston Racer, doesn't it?

Or is it my warped mind?

Everyone says that, but when you look at them next to each other it's not so apparent:

- Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Close counts........  ;D :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Weaver

I think it's more a case of convergent evolution. If you set out to design a high-speed aircraft in that time-frame, with a water-cooled V12 engine and the same level of technology, in what way would it be different?

- Indiana Jones

PantherG

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 25, 2014, 05:32:09 AM
Wifs out of the box  :thumbsup:

I assume PantherG has had something to do with these ?

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/AZM74084

First idea was mine..... but What if schemes on this AZ product are not mine

jcf

Personally speaking I never saw much of a resemblance, of course I was familiar with the Ki-78 long
before the Napier-Heston.

Dizzyfugu

You can also throw in the Me 209 record breaking aircraft - also a very similar layout, result of trying to mate a large, liquid-cooled engine with the smallest airframe possible...

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on April 27, 2016, 11:30:35 PM
You can also throw in the Me 209 record breaking aircraft - also a very similar layout, result of trying to mate a large, liquid-cooled engine with the smallest airframe possible...

Hmm, as it turns out I have kits for two of those already. Perhaps I should add the Ki-78 to my 'collection' and build a mini-Air Speed Record fleet?

Regards
Kit