AZ Models

Started by NARSES2, March 01, 2009, 02:28:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: JayBee on February 06, 2017, 06:09:22 AM

Unfortunately the FD2 is in the wrong scale.

True, but even today the old FROG one isn't that bad.

They do seem to be re-doing Airfix's old kit list, what with the Chippies, the Gosling and Kingfisher, but all them NEEDED re-doing!

Those Robison choppers will be TINY! I have a Pavla R-22 and I'm scared to even open the box!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

king of men

Agree with this... :sleepy:
All hail 1:72!
Visit the blog at http://72land.blogspot.com/
Visit 72 Scale Aircraft forum at http://z15.invisionfree.com/72nd_Aircraft/index.php

zenrat

I'll take both the Cessnas and the L-200 morava.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 06, 2017, 08:29:10 AM

They do seem to be re-doing Airfix's old kit list, what with the Chippies, the Gosling and Kingfisher, but all them NEEDED re-doing!

Yup, I have fond memories of those old Airfix kits and am interested to see what they do with them
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

jcf

No, it simply means the FD-2 will finally be available at a proper size.  :thumbsup:

zenrat

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on February 07, 2017, 05:14:46 PM
No, it simply means the FD-2 will finally be available at a proper size.  :thumbsup:

:rolleyes:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

KiwiZac

I'm very pleased with the R44 and R22 (saves tracking down the Pavla one), but I hope they are actually released this year: the Cessna 180/185 was announced at least two years ago!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

NARSES2

The MB "Sea Baker" is now in at the Big H.

Also in are two boxings of the V tail Me 109 in operational markings. May well get one of these if I see them at the shows I'll be at in the next month or so.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 25, 2017, 04:31:10 AM

Presumably that's the standard sprues with naval decals, is it? Mine had a hooked section as an option for the fin.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 25, 2017, 05:02:39 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on February 25, 2017, 04:31:10 AM

Presumably that's the standard sprues with naval decals, is it? Mine had a hooked section as an option for the fin.

Yes Kit. Someone has posted the transfer options and box art on site somewhere.

Weaver

Scaleorama it into a 1/72nd two-seat interceptor with an Olympus (one was proposed as a half-way house to the F.155T project). :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

One to look out for. Slightly impractical with that undercarriage layout I would have thought, but what the heck  ;D

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/AZM7562

PR19_Kit

They'd have had to change the arrester hook after every flight, it'd be WELL annealed!  :o

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 20, 2017, 12:24:42 AM
They'd have had to change the arrester hook after every flight, it'd be WELL annealed!  :o

Or have a couple of crewman standing by with buckets of water to quench it. If they remembered their colour codes correctly they could harden it nicely after every flight. Now is it cornflower or straw when I should chuck the water over it ?  ;D And yes I know it's probably neither but I don't know where my chart is and they sound nice  ;)