AZ Models

Started by NARSES2, March 01, 2009, 02:28:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AS.12

A workaround for the Marineflieger, to avoid having to hack the kit about, would be a three-mile runway leading to the coast with a ski-ramp at the end...

Weaver

With the long pointed nose and the looks, if not the capability, for high performance, it would make an intriguing alternative Angel Interceptor... (IIRC the long pointed nose on the latter is a 'Mysteron Detector')
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Madoc

Dizzy,

True but we don't want to go too far from the aesthetic of the Stiletto and that super long nose combined with that "hot rod" cockpit window set up is really its signature feature.
Wherever you go, there you are!

TheChronicOne

Twin Boom Stilleto!!!   ;D :mellow:   High wing in the back and all that.......   longer main wings....    :wacko:

Don't mind me...  not feeling too well.  :o ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Bi-plane Stiletto, with rigging of course?  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Madoc on September 12, 2018, 10:11:56 AM
Dizzy,

True but we don't want to go too far from the aesthetic of the Stiletto and that super long nose combined with that "hot rod" cockpit window set up is really its signature feature.

Who is "we"?  :unsure:

zenrat

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on September 13, 2018, 01:42:43 AM
Dizzy,

Madoc and I for a start.
:mellow:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on September 13, 2018, 02:52:12 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on September 13, 2018, 01:42:43 AM
Dizzy,

Madoc and I for a start.
:mellow:

Add me to the list.

I've been watching people posting all the things they'd change & all I could think was "Buy a bl@@dy Starfighter & stick 2 engines on it!"

The Stiletto has a "look", you change almost anything &, suddenly, it doesn't look like a Stiletto any more.

To me she has a wonderfully unique look, does the X-3.

Remember, too, that the F-104 benefited directly from lessons learned from the performance of the X-3.

Oh, & note the "X" designation; this little baby was built in 1952 to trial new, untested developments in aviation engineering &, sometimes, the engineers get it wrong.

Further development of the X-3? Make her bigger, stick bigger, better engines in her, slap on a couple or 4 missiles & call her a point defence interceptor!
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Weaver

Actually I'd contend that the Douglas engineers didn't get much wrong at all. This is a pretty decent plane to build if you want to investigate high-speed flight in 1952 IF you can get enough power into it. It was the Westinghouse engineers who got it badly wrong in their development of the J-46 engine, thus forcing the use of the anemic J-34.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

kitnut617

Quote from: TheChronicOne on September 12, 2018, 06:27:08 PM
Twin Boom Stilleto!!!   ;D :mellow:

Don't mind me...  not feeling too well.  :o ;D

Started to look at that some time ago

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

TheChronicOne

Ah ha!!! That's looks pretty damn cool to me.  :mellow: :mellow:    Perhaps one day this will see its way into plastic.
-Sprues McDuck-

rickshaw

What the X-3 reminds me of is the entry by Avro the A.V.117 into the F155T competition:

[From the Secret Projects website]
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

NARSES2

I'm just going to build it out of the box and pose it with my SR.53 as an example of the point interceptor the USAF, and others, used to defend their airfields in Europe. I'll just say it had a developed engine that did what it was meant to do  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Madoc

Quote from: Old Wombat on September 13, 2018, 04:15:05 AM
Further development of the X-3? Make her bigger, stick bigger, better engines in her, slap on a couple or 4 missiles & call her a point defence interceptor!

Emphasis on the "point" part of being a "point" defence interceptor!

Yes, it's that gorgeous needle nose and those hella stylish cockpit windows which really set the Stiletto apart.  Altering those and you've made it no longer be a Stiletto!
Wherever you go, there you are!

Weaver

- Indiana Jones