AZ Models

Started by NARSES2, March 01, 2009, 02:28:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitbasher

Anyone peeped inside AZ's HA-1112 Buchon boxings?  Asking as I was very very nearly tempted in my LHS yesterday.  Had they had the all-blue boxing I think I would.

Was wondering whether they were adaptations of AZ's Bf109s with oodles of spares, but the photos at https://www.super-hobby.co.uk/products/HA-1112M-1L-Buchon-In-Camouflage.html suggest they're unrelated.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

The Wooksta!

Isn't the Special Hobby Buchon still available? Review from Hyperscale:
http://www.hyperscale.com/2017/reviews/kits/specialhobbysh72308reviewbg_1.htm

Amodel did the earlier Hispano-Suiza Ha-1109 and that was definitely in the Blue scheme.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitbasher

Cheers, Lee, forgot that existed.  Seems it is and it looks better quality than the AZ item if Hyperscale pics are to go by.  And it's a quid cheaper at Hannants, too!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

AZ have a couple of He 162 Salamanders coming out in 1/72 including this couple of prime whiffery candidates

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Freightdog862

I'm looking forward to seeing what the Salamanders are like.

Colin

frank2056

Interesting to see the lower He 162C shooting down a Mig-9... since it used two BMW 003 engines. Some convoluted Luft 46 history going on there.

The Wooksta!

Can't see the Vampire coming off worse either, given the poor Luftwaffe pilot training, crap engines and the instability of the He 162.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Freightdog862 on August 30, 2022, 02:19:24 PMI'm looking forward to seeing what the Salamanders are like.

Colin

As am I Colin. The Special Hobby 162 is a stunning kit and I have another in the stash, but I do like the look of these two.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Freightdog862

Just seen some sprue shots online, its not close to the SH kits quality, looks very much short run. Not sure if the swept wings would be a good enough reason to buy one.

Colin     

sandiego89

Quote from: The Wooksta! on August 31, 2022, 04:54:26 AMCan't see the Vampire coming off worse either, given the poor Luftwaffe pilot training, crap engines and the instability of the He 162.

Actually the he-162 was quite capable in maneuverability and performance; Eric Brown even gave it high marks after post war testing. Now it did have a nasty habit of falling apart (perhaps due to poor glue adhesion) including killing an RAF pilot in a post war display. 

And while the engines did not last long, they had good thrust to weight ratio.  If Jumo could keep cranking them out, a 25 hour lifetime was not so terrible for a point based interceptor. 

Finally for most of the war the Luftwaffe pilot training was quite good and structured, they just ran out of most of the good ones.  Same with Japan.  The original plan to put Hitler youth in the 162 and other types was rightfully shelved and most of the few 162 pilots that actually made it into service were seasoned.

Nothing of the above is to be construed as supporting of the regime, just a footnote that they were cranking out some impressive technology and continuing production well into '45.         
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Mossie

Quote from: Freightdog862 on September 03, 2022, 08:16:35 AMJust seen some sprue shots online, its not close to the SH kits quality, looks very much short run. Not sure if the swept wings would be a good enough reason to buy one.

Colin     

It looks a bit chunkier than the Special Hobby kit, but it still looks good.  If you only want He-162 than the SH kit is the one to go for but it'll be worth buying the AZ if you're building the other variants. A bonus for whiffery, there are three wings included so plenty for the spares box.

AZ sprues:
https://www.modelarovo.cz/heinkel-he-162-salamander-1-72-azmodel/

SH sprues:
https://www.super-hobby.com/products/Heinkel-He-162-Spatz-32148586.html
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

sandiego89

Quote from: Mossie on September 03, 2022, 11:43:37 AM
Quote from: Freightdog862 on September 03, 2022, 08:16:35 AMJust seen some sprue shots online, its not close to the SH kits quality, looks very much short run. Not sure if the swept wings would be a good enough reason to buy one.

Colin     

It looks a bit chunkier than the Special Hobby kit, but it still looks good.  If you only want He-162 than the SH kit is the one to go for but it'll be worth buying the AZ if you're building the other variants. A bonus for whiffery, there are three wings included so plenty for the spares box.

AZ sprues:
https://www.modelarovo.cz/heinkel-he-162-salamander-1-72-azmodel/

SH sprues:
https://www.super-hobby.com/products/Heinkel-He-162-Spatz-32148586.html

Thanks for the review- always nice to have spares!
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

zenrat

Quote from: sandiego89 on September 03, 2022, 11:32:47 AM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on August 31, 2022, 04:54:26 AMCan't see the Vampire coming off worse either, given the poor Luftwaffe pilot training, crap engines and the instability of the He 162.

Actually the he-162 was quite capable in maneuverability and performance; Eric Brown even gave it high marks after post war testing. Now it did have a nasty habit of falling apart (perhaps due to poor glue adhesion) including killing an RAF pilot in a post war display. 

And while the engines did not last long, they had good thrust to weight ratio.  If Jumo could keep cranking them out, a 25 hour lifetime was not so terrible for a point based interceptor. 

Finally for most of the war the Luftwaffe pilot training was quite good and structured, they just ran out of most of the good ones.  Same with Japan.  The original plan to put Hitler youth in the 162 and other types was rightfully shelved and most of the few 162 pilots that actually made it into service were seasoned.

Nothing of the above is to be construed as supporting of the regime, just a footnote that they were cranking out some impressive technology and continuing production well into '45.         

Using slave labour to build them might have had something to do with the unreliabilities.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

AZ/KP are interesting. Some of their kits are definitely still limited run whilst others are very good (their 109's), some are re-pops of what were not great kits in the first place.

I was hoping they'd use the two different brands to differentiate, but they haven't, although they are labelling the boxes a bit better so you get some idea before you buy. One of the reasons I was hoping they'd be at Telford.

And no they don't pay me for bringing their brands to the member's attention  :angel:  ;)

rickshaw

Quote from: sandiego89 on September 03, 2022, 11:32:47 AM

I was under the impression that Brown was bit more disparaging about the He162 with it's top mounted engine, describing it as "quite a handful" for a Hitlerjugend pilot fresh out of a glider.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.