UV-22J Osprey, JMSDF - FINISHED!

Started by nev, March 01, 2009, 05:02:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aircav

Quote from: nev on March 25, 2009, 05:23:58 AM
Decals on & nearly there!  May replace the fuselage Hinomarus as they are a different shade of red to the ones I used on the wings <_<

Hi Nev
what about moving the wing Hinomarus a bit further back on the wing towards the flaps and use smaller ones on the fuselage behind the wings instead of the larger type you have in front of the wings, just a thought.
Steve
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

nev

Steve, I think you're right about the fuselage ones - too late now though, they're under a coat of Klear, and apart from touch-ups, the model is now done.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Aircav

Oh well, but she still looks great  :thumbsup: :bow:

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Maverick

Turned out a cracker Nev!  Here's to another 7,  :lol:

Regards.

Mav

nev

All done!  2nd finished model of the year  :cheers: :drink: :thumbsup:

Big thanks to Mav for the profile which provided the inspiration.  There's a few little areas on the model I'm not happy with, mainly due to masking imperfections and a couple of areas that I wish I'd done differently.  Still, I've got another half dozen planned so plenty of time to get it right!  :ph34r:

All comments & criticism welcome, and thanks for the encouragement
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Aircav

Sir Sydney Camm

Ed S

We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Maverick

A thing of beauty Nev.  Can't wait to see the rest.

Regards,

Mav

Mike Wren

very good Nev!  :wub: now get cracking on the others...

MartG

Murphy's 1st Law - An object at rest will be in the wrong place
Murphy's 2nd Law - An object in motion will be going in the wrong direction
Murphy's 3rd Law - For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction

John Howling Mouse

So incredibly clean----have no idea how you accomplish that but she looks like she belongs on the cover of Hobby Japan.  Great job, Nev!   :thumbsup:   :bow:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

chrisonord

Very, very nice Nev, :wub:
So where and when are you going to fit the chain guns and mavericks :unsure:
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Ian the Kiwi Herder

D*mn friend..... that is simply the best thing I've seen you do..... Fan-bl**dy-tastic  :thumbsup:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland