Eastern Express

Started by Mossie, March 01, 2009, 09:16:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

Just picked up a 2009 Pocketbond catalouge & it mentions quite a few new & re-released kits by Eastern Express

1/200 Tu-154
1/200 Tu-154B2

1/144 Tu-334
1/144 Il-96-300
1/144 Sputnik
1/144 vostok

1/288 An-72

1/72 MiG-29 Type 9-13
1/72 SP-63 Kingcobra
1/72 Me-163
1/72 Tupolev ANT-25

1/96 Bristol Britannia RAF Support Command
1/96 Bristol Britannia Cubana

1/400 Submarine Project 877 Kilo Class
1/400 Submarine Project 705 Alfa Class

Simon.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

B777LR

Mossie

Was thinking of you when I first saw those Thomas!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

B777LR

Quote from: Mossie on March 01, 2009, 09:28:13 AM
Was thinking of you when I first saw those Thomas!

I regard airliner kits like women regard shoes. I must have 'em! ;D

Mossie

The Imelda Marcos of modelling!  The Il-96 would go well next to Revells Il-86.

anthonyp

I've got a couple Il-96's coming, as well as an Tu-334, courtesy of evil-bay.
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Green Dragon

Some American shops are showing a series of 1/144th scale 737 kits (-300, -400 & -500 series) from Eastern Express. Anyone know whose plastic is in the boxes? The only two injection companies I can remember doing these are Minicraft and Daco, or are they new tool? Don't remember them being listed at Nuremburg and none are in the new Pocketbond catalogue (is Eastern Express being imported by them still?).

737-500 Aeroflot Nord http://www.hobbyterra.com/product.asp?idProduct=2518&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=news&utm_campaign=20100226
737-500 UTAir http://www.hobbyterra.com/product.asp?idProduct=2519&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=news&utm_campaign=20100226
737-300 Sky Express http://www.hobbyterra.com/product.asp?idProduct=2520&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=news&utm_campaign=20100226
737-400 Transaero http://www.hobbyterra.com/product.asp?idProduct=2521&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=news&utm_campaign=20100226

Paul Harrison

P.S. Wonder if they are trying to avoid license fees by listing the kits as B 733, B 734 & B 735 like Tamiya did with their Jeep?

"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Green Dragon

Pin on Britmodeller tells me they are new tools,  here's the BM thread with a link to a Russian airliner modelling site. http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=45047&st=0&gopid=477979&#entry477979

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Brian da Basher

None of those links are working, Paul.

I wouldn't mind some more info as Eastern Express kits are usually pretty easy on the wallet.
:cheers:
Brian da Basher

P.S. Yikes! $27.50 is a bit steep.

Green Dragon

Should work now Brian, thanks for telling me! Only seems to happen when I copy over a whole post, I'll have to redo any links manually to make sure it doesn't happen again!

Paul Harrison

On the bench.

lancer

Quote from: Mossie on March 01, 2009, 10:27:55 AM
The Imelda Marcos of modelling! 

Come on Mods, you've gotta use this one for 787!!!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

PR19_Kit

There was another 737, a -300 I think, done by the same guys who did the 747-400 conversion kit and the 757-200 (the latter ripped-off the Welsh Models vacform so well it even had the exact same faulty curve on the fin leading edge) I think they were called Masterkit, but I'm not 100% sure.

The guy who ran the firm threatened me with violence at Telford when I pointed out the error in the 757's fin. As I was at LEAST a foot taller than him I suggested he try.........  -_-

And there are two versions of the Daco 737, for sure the early ones could be made into any of the three different lengths as they had cut marks on the inside of the fuselage for the -500 and plugs suppled for the -400. I think I have half a dozen of them in stock.  :lol:

From the look of the pics on the Russian site the Eastern Express moulds are VERY remenicent of the Minicraft ones, just a lot more expensive.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

The Wooksta!

Both ex-Frog.

A lot of the ex-Frog tools are now being released under the Ark label but using the Eastern Express artwork, so there's some tie up somewhere.

The Attacker is £7.50.  £7.50 for a 50 year old tooling?  Someone's having a giraffe somewhere.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic