T

Avro Alston B.1

Started by The Wooksta, March 02, 2009, 03:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

van883

I like the radical surgery on this Lancaster. Why not put it on Hyperscale and watch what happens  :wacko:

probably not a good idea on reflection.........

Van

kitbasher

Aah, 'twas indeed at Telford and 'twas indeed pleasing on the eye.  Any closer shots of the two Tempests in the background (well, OK the furthest one looks like  a P1027 but let's call it a Tempest)?   ;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

kitbasher

Quote from: kitbasher on March 03, 2009, 10:54:20 AM
Aah, 'twas indeed at Telford and 'twas indeed pleasing on the eye.  Any closer shots of the two Tempests in the background (well, OK the furthest one looks like  a P1027 but let's call it a Tempest)?   ;D ;D
Aha!  Just found 'em! ;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Dork the kit slayer

This is the fourth,.....dont you ever go out???
Very nice build.
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

Mossie

Looked good in the flesh at Huddersfield!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

van883

Quote from: The Wooksta! on March 03, 2009, 10:20:30 AM
No, because don't want to slag other forums to prevent an "us vs them" attitude.  Despite the hate mail some individuals have received after postings whifs there.

actually I agree-I did withdraw my suggestion!

V

NARSES2

This was one of my favourites at Telford  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Sisko

Nice variation of the Lancaster!

Didn't they do something similar with a wellington? For some reason in the deep dark recesses of my mind I remember seeing a picture of a wellington they converted to fly at high altitude.
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

PR19_Kit

Wellington Mk Vs and VIs were pressurised with longer wings for high altitude flights. The pilot had his head sticking out of the pressure cabin in a little dome thingie, nowhere near as luxurious as the Alston. :)

The Mk V had Hercules radials and the Mk VI had Merlins, but I've never seen anything about them being used operationally.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Actually Kit, I think they had standard wings, at least photos I've found don't show extended wings.  The Avro 684 according to the BSP book was to get the Wellington Pressure cabin which was already being tested.  I hope Colin does do an Avro 684, it would go with the Wellington Mk.V I've got going.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

ChernayaAkula

Looks very sleek! Cool paintjob! :thumbsup: Nice work all round.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

PR19_Kit

Robert,

I'm sure you're right, I've just got this thing about longer wings........... :)

It must have been rough on the poor old rear gunner, if indeed they even had one. All the rest of the crew are up in their nice pressurised container in the nose and he's back there in the rear turret breathing 100% oxygen the entire time. NO fun!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Depends from what height you dropped it :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

darthspud

Looks like an early iteration of what becomes the EE Canberra , fighter version or was it recce with the offset canopy. Like it.
too old for a paper round, too young for me pensions, dammit, back to work then!

KJ_Lesnick

This could be an interesting idea: I was thinking about the old Vickers Victory concept.  This would be a good concept along similar performance goals: I'm not sure if Vickers was totally geared around geodetic construction (I believe it was), but this would be way cooler.
That being said, I'd like to remind everybody in a manner reminiscent of the SNL bit on Julian Assange, that no matter how I die: It was murder (even if there was a suicide note or a video of me peacefully dying in my sleep); should I be framed for a criminal offense or disappear, you know to blame.