Boeing Washington R4

Started by Aussie747, March 02, 2009, 04:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

I think Flightpath do, or did, a twin Shrike installation as an add-on for the Black Buck Vulcan conversion. At least the one I have has the missiles anyway, but Flightpath do tend to split and amalgamate their stuff from time to time, so you might end up with the whole conversion.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

JayBee

Quote from: Aussie747 on May 25, 2009, 05:13:49 PM
Quote from: ChernayaAkula on May 25, 2009, 06:04:07 AM
Quote from: Aussie747 on May 24, 2009, 07:33:17 PM<...> it will be an early UCAV with a couple of bombs hung from it. <...>

Cool!  :thumbsup: How about some Shrike ARMs as on the Firebees in Vietnam?  :wacko:

Sounds good, where can I find them in 1/72, any specific kit or Hasegawa weapons set?

I have a pair from the Monogram F-105G, while not just as good as the Hasegawa ones they are prety fair, and they are free! PM me if you are interested.

JimB
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Howedar

It looks pretty excellent, but boy it looks a little iffy to hang such a big beastie out so far on the wing. How heavy were these drones?

It'd drop free before engine start, probably, so you don't HAVE to have it clear of all the props.

Hman

Looking forward to seeing this finished...lov it so far :thumbsup:
"Lusaka Tower, this is Green Leader..."

Aussie747

Quote from: JayBee on May 26, 2009, 02:57:51 AM
I have a pair from the Monogram F-105G, while not just as good as the Hasegawa ones they are prety fair, and they are free! PM me if you are interested.

JimB

Thanks Jim,

I have that kit! and it is close at hand so I will rob them from it. I was not sure where my Hasegawa weapons sets all are at the moment.

Thanks for the the offer as well.
Ray
Canberra
*-*-*-*-*-*-

In work:
1/72 C-65J
1/72 P-7B
1/144 C-17T

Eddie M.

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on May 25, 2009, 06:24:27 PM
Quote from: nev on May 25, 2009, 02:19:56 AM
This is pretty epic.

Well put.

Keep up the good work, Aussie747!   :thumbsup:

Plus another. Very clean work. ;D
Look behind you!

kitnut617

Nice work Ray  :thumbsup:  and not so far from the truth either.  Reading my Spring 2009 issue of Air-Britain's Aeromilitaria last night, I came across a couple of colour photos of Chinese Air Force Tu-4's (Russian B-29's), these were taken by an Air-Britain member who visited an Aero museum in China (Datan Shan) and both are turbo-prop powered. First pic is an AEW one but the second one has this dirty great big drone hanging from the wing, just about where you have it and it's just as big as the drone you have hanging off your's.  Only this looks like a later model Firebee clone, but I'm not an expert at identifying drones so I'll email someone who is and see if he concurs.  I'll keep you posted.

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

kitnut617

I wrote to the photographer (Derek Gaynor) of the photos in Air-Britain, who has given me permission to post links to his photos here.  He even gave me another website to look at with more photos of his showing this drone carrier.

http://www.abpic.co.uk/photo/1061960/

http://www.worldairpics.com/photo/1015192/M/WZ-5/05/Chinese-Air-Force/?&sid=0135158812&sp=252
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Aussie747

Dragging this one from the depths!

Been working on it on and off recently.

I have got some paint on it and thing I might change the grey to a darker shade. Almost time for some masking of the radomes and the like.

Ray
Canberra
*-*-*-*-*-*-

In work:
1/72 C-65J
1/72 P-7B
1/144 C-17T

batmancustoms

John 'Panzer' Hinton
http://www.batmancustoms.com/

Brian da Basher

I'm very much looking forward to seeing more progress on your Washington, Aussie747! I like what you've got going on with the camo and the black undersides and I can't wait to see your next update!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

sideshowbob9

Looking good! Glad it didn't stay in the depths!  :thumbsup:

ChernayaAkula

Ooh, yeah, progress!  :party: Like sideshowbob, I'm glad this is still being worked on. Very interesting scheme.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

noxioux

I really love that Arc Light-esque look.  I've been wanting to tackle the 1/48 B-29, yours is giving me the shakes. . . :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Aussie747

Not much to report. I tidied up the paint work over the weekend. This one is definitely back at the top of the 'to finish' pile. I have even brought in from the garage (spray area) to the bench. It is hiding in behind the Kingfisher I am also near finishing in this shot.

Ray
Canberra
*-*-*-*-*-*-

In work:
1/72 C-65J
1/72 P-7B
1/144 C-17T