Modeling Madness What If Build

Started by Ed S, March 03, 2009, 08:10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed S

Just saw today that Modeling Madness website is going to have a What If Contest starting in August. 

You can visit them at

http://modelingmadness.com/whatsnew.htm

First ARC and now Modeling Madness.  Wonder when Hyperscale will have theirs?

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Taiidantomcat

Thanks Ed need to join up and mark my calender  :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

nev

Quote from: Ed S on March 03, 2009, 08:10:43 AM
First ARC and now Modeling Madness.  Wonder when Hyperscale will have theirs?

I'm pretty sure its in the book of Revelation as an imminent sign of the second coming...
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Rafael

Noticed the article by Greg's F-22M (mimic)? That was great :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: Ed S on March 03, 2009, 08:10:43 AM
<...> Wonder when Hyperscale will have theirs?

They don't have one yet? Their jet engine section is called "The Jet Age". They should have called it "what if there were planes after 1945?".  :wacko:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Daryl J.

QuoteThey don't have one yet? Their jet engine section is called "The Jet Age". They should have called it "what if there were planes after 1945?". 
:wacko:

LoL!!!!!   Having been on HS since 1999 it was interesting to see what happened when this site opened.....posting anything spurious on HS resulted in virtually no response. It used to be lengthy threads would abound and if whiffwork was posted on ARC, you'd get busted on the DG's.  Now it's somewhat reversed.  Way to go Supertom!

The MM What-if build is still a little tight by my standards but it is a start.    Like mentioned before....let's give this a decade and see what happens.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :drink: :drink:
:cheers:
Daryl J.

cthulhu77

Hmmm. Scott (the board owner of MM) is still a member here, I think?  He lets me post what if builds all the time, and in fact, encourages any sort of invention.
I think the rules are to meet in the middle ground of the jmn's (and there are a lot on MM) and the whatiffers (just as many as the jmns).

Supertom

Hey y'all,

Nothing to do with me, I just run put my name on some paperwork for this site.  Everyone here has had some impact on Whiffing making its mark on the Big Three.  Speaking of which just a reminder, we don't want an "us vs them" attitude, so if you'd hold off on the slagging, that'll be greaaaaaat (Bill Lumbergh voice)

Rather let's participate in their contests to spread the joys of whiffery!
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

Shasper

QuoteWonder when Hyperscale will have theirs?

When H*** freezes over . . .

Shas 8)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Martin H

Quote from: Daryl J. on March 03, 2009, 05:15:07 PM
The MM What-if build is still a little tight by my standards but it is a start. 

Its Scott's site, so he calls the shots regarding the rules :)

Ive been on the whiffing scene for quite a while now, I can still remember the days when we were the "mad men over in the corner" at UK model shows. Now we are considered almost (if not compleatly) mainstream. The change in attitudes to our free spirits has been most welcome. The same can be said of our web presence. Whiffs on some other sites used to be rare, but now even some of those who were ardent critics are letting go and embraceing their hidden/repressed free spirit. The more the merrier.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

cthulhu77

Amen, Brother! You're preaching to the choir ! 

Uh-oh, is that religious?  (snark)

kitbasher

42 entries so far, some I recognise, others I  don't.  I wonder how many have been done by our collective of miscreants?   ;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

lancer

Quote from: cthulhu77 on March 04, 2009, 06:49:58 PM
Amen, Brother! You're preaching to the choir !  

Uh-oh, is that religious?  (snark)

No more than the holy hand grenade of Antioch!! :mellow: :mellow:
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

ChernayaAkula

Have you seen the Venezuelan J-10? :o It's bloody gorgeous! :wub:

PICS OF THE ENTRIES
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

dragon

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on September 29, 2009, 04:08:25 PM
Have you seen the Venezuelan J-10? :o It's bloody gorgeous! :wub:

PICS OF THE ENTRIES
They might have to remove it from the "What If?" section.  Hugo has been reported to seriously eyeing some of those too to complement the SU-30MKVs now that the Mirage 50Vs have been retired.
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST