Main Menu

T-34 XL

Started by chrisonord, March 03, 2009, 04:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sotoolslinger

That is some seriously cool scratchin right there :mellow: :wub: :thumbsup:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

chrisonord

Here is some more pictures for you, I need to move some of the ERA about and put another fuel barrel rack on, and replace the hatch lever that fell off, then sand the finger marks out of the side skirts, I think I will leave these as is, mainly cos I ran out of the stuff I used to make the ERA  :banghead:
But never mind, and I have put the other barrel I made in the pics also, the pics are not that good as I had to take them inside as it is blowing a gale here.
Cheers,
Chris.

The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

McGreig

Wow! Don't know much about armour, but that's some serious conversion work  :thumbsup: Impressive (and mean looking) model.
:cheers:

chrisonord

Thanks for the compliments gentlemen, much appreciated :cheers:
Tonights instalment of work has involved a bit of rearrangement of stuff and an addition of a luggage rack, another fuel barrel rack, and a lazer range finder slapped on the top of the gun barrel at the turret end.
once the dust settled after that lot, I stuck the turret on and gave it a coat of khaki drab as its base colour.
I am going to paint this in a similar camo scheme to my Tunguska.
I want to take some pics of this tank when its done, with all my other Cartel Soviet armour.
Chris.     

ChernayaAkula

Lookin' better and better! :bow:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

chrisonord

Here is some more pics of how the T-34/122 XL looks now.
I have been experimenting with different paint schemes, and I am not yet fully decided on what colour to do it yet, it still needs the fuel barrels putting on but I will do that when I have finished with the paint.
Cheers,
Chris

BlackOps

Looks great! :thumbsup: I can just see this baby disappearing when backed into the edge of a wooded area, I like this paint scheme.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Taiidantomcat

Love it! Really kept that Russian look to it, absolutely genuine style!
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

chrisonord

Well I drove my self even more insane with this thing tonight. I needed some straps to hold the barrels onto the racks, so I had a root through the photo etch box and found some narrow strips of brass that looked long enough to do the job. But as ever they were about 10 mm too short, back to the drawing board :banghead:
So I though never mind(ish) so then made some other brass strip I had that was about 3 mm wide so I cut it down to half the width and used this to link the other brass, as there is slots cut in to it. I glued one end of the bras strip to the tank hull and put the other end through the slot and crimped it over, then cut it down. I did it like this to represent ratchet tie down straps.
I will see if I can borrow my friends good camera to take some better close up pics of the tank, then I will post them.     

Rafael

Impressive!!!

The ERA blocks are awesome!!
Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

chrisonord

I am glad you like it Rafa,
Have you had a go at making some barrels yet? I hope the info I gave you was ok for you.
I have made a few more since, this time using my electric drill and some are from aluminium and I have also done one from brass, the brass one turned out much better than the ally ones, as they did not need sanding smooth. I have also made some smaller 40 ish mm calibre gun barrels also.
It is a lot cheaper and more fun than buying ready made ones.
Chris.

Captain Canada

Beauty ! Try turning more lights on when you take the pics...the people are missing out on all the details !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

chrisonord

I took the pictures outside.

sotoolslinger

Great looking build  :thumbsup:Do need some better pics. ;D
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

NARSES2

Quote from: chrisonord on March 12, 2009, 05:24:26 AM
I took the pictures outside.

You do live in the rain capital of England Chris  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.