Modified Anson

Started by seavixen, March 05, 2009, 04:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seavixen

Blimey, it's been a long time since I last posted anything of note here.
Anyway, still slowly recovering from a 6 month flirtation with oblivion, I'm back at the bench and ready to go.

So, first up is this modified Anson. My brother saw this featured in a comic (he can't remember which one!) some years back and recently showed
me a sketch he had made and asked me to make a model of it so here we go.

All I've done so far is fill the gun port, fit the standard cabin glazing and skim a layer of Green Stuff and Mr Surfacer over it. Flatted it all down and drilled
holes for the new round windows. Next to be done will be detailing the cockpit, filling the void left by the unused gun turret and scribing a new larger (freight)
door on the port fuselage.

Stackridge: Rhubarb Thrashers of the World Unite

The Rat

I believe you may be thinking of some of the ones produced here in Canada, they had round windows and the rear fuselage was wooden rather than fabric. Let me see if I can find a pic...
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

seavixen

Quote from: The Rat on March 05, 2009, 04:51:26 PM
I believe you may be thinking of some of the ones produced here in Canada, they had round windows and the rear fuselage was wooden rather than fabric. Let me see if I can find a pic...

Hi, yes do I know of that variant, however, this will be somewhat different as you'll see as the build unfolds!  :thumbsup:

BTW. that pic makes it look like that Anson has some serious radio gear fitted!  ;D

The Rat

Quote from: seavixen on March 05, 2009, 05:14:43 PMBTW. that pic makes it look like that Anson has some serious radio gear fitted!  ;D

Yeah, in modern parlance it's 'da bomb'!

seavixen

I refuse to acknowledge such speak, hence why my kids are reluctant to talk to me in front of their friends (bredren :rolleyes:!) 

PR19_Kit

My brain hurts........ :)

A Whiffed ANSON of all things? Whatever next? I can hardly wait to see what you're planning to do with this!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Interesting... Since I have an "alternative Avro" fetish and the Anson is one of the most common affordable models around, I've been wracking my brains to come up with something to do with one - so far, zip....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Mossie

How have I managed  not to pick up an Annie kit over the years???  Looking forward to see how this turns out. :ph34r:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

The Rat

Quote from: Weaver on March 06, 2009, 01:39:31 PM
Interesting... Since I have an "alternative Avro" fetish and the Anson is one of the most common affordable models around, I've been wracking my brains to come up with something to do with one - so far, zip....

PT-6?  ;D

Daryl J.

It reminds me of the Bombardier R-12 with the rounded side windows.

And of course,  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: on the project!

Daryl J.

Weaver

Rather than hii-jack Seavixen's thread, I've started a separate one here:

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,23476.0.html
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Zeke

I can't stand Ansons, horrible little skuzz bucket things if you ask me, so whatever SeaVix is going to do with it is going to be great!... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;D
It's a big, wide world out there...so if it's all the same to you I'll just stay indoors!

PR19_Kit

'orrible, little arm aching things! Specially if you're the Cadet cadging a ride in one 'cos you ALWAYS get to wind up the darn wheels by hand, and it takes THOUSANDS of twirls on the darn wheel. No to mention that you get to wind them back down again afterward. Grrrrrrr. >:(

Actually the very first mod. you could do with an Anson is fit it with a hydraulic nose-wheel undercarriage............ :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Rat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 07, 2009, 11:53:49 AM
'orrible, little arm aching things! Specially if you're the Cadet cadging a ride in one 'cos you ALWAYS get to wind up the darn wheels by hand, and it takes THOUSANDS of twirls on the darn wheel. No to mention that you get to wind them back down again afterward. Grrrrrrr. >:(

Actually the very first mod. you could do with an Anson is fit it with a hydraulic nose-wheel undercarriage............ :thumbsup:

I'll show my dad this post, he might send you a beer. He said the Oxford was a nicer plane to fly anyway.