RAAF F-102 colors poll

Started by david sMiGielski, March 07, 2009, 04:47:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What color should I paint my Australian F-102?

Natural Metal
SE Asia (two greens/tan)
Air defence gray
Gray & green (the Mirage IIIO scheme)

david sMiGielski

I have Monogram F-102 that is in need of finishing. Since I can't find a real life scheme I like, I wondered, "What if the RAAF bought F-102s instead of Mirages?" Specific squadron markings TBD.
How did the country lose its way...when did we stop rooting for the man with a flame-thrower or an acid-spraying gun of some kind?

Geoff

SEA but with full size roundels and sqd markings. ;-)

david sMiGielski

Oh yeah, whatever markings I do will be bright and colorful, none of this boring low-viz stuff.

Quote from: Geoff on March 07, 2009, 04:56:59 AM
SEA but with full size roundels and sqd markings. ;-)
How did the country lose its way...when did we stop rooting for the man with a flame-thrower or an acid-spraying gun of some kind?

Mossie

Anything but Air Defence Greys, it's about the only colour the F-102 wore!  I wouldn't go down the Mirage green/grey route, the Aussies tend to recieve equipment in the colours of the aircrafts home countries so the F-102 probably wouldn't wear a French scheme.  They do tend to repaint though & I'm hung between SEA & natural Metal, I'll vote when I make my mind up!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

ChernayaAkula

SEA camo!  :thumbsup: Should look great with some colourful markings! Next choice would have been natural metal.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

entlim

apart from boring grey, SEA was the only other official scheme that was short lived in Vietnam
You have hitted me with a black box- I'm not playing this game!.........

Ed S

I say to go with the gray/green.  Let's see the Duece in something different.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Zeke

GOT to be the SEA scheme...but then I have a bit of a fetish about that one...ahem... :wub:
It's a big, wide world out there...so if it's all the same to you I'll just stay indoors!

JayBee

USAF had them in SEA scheme.
Do you REALLY want to copy that?

Having said that, I personally like a/c in the SEA scheme, ANY a/c.
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

jcf

Natural metal or maybe silver lacquer like a Sabre.

Jon

Maverick

I did a profile of an F-102 in the later Blue over Grey Mirage scheme.  It's in my Gallery.

Regards,

Mav

Archangel

I voted for the Grey, Green Mirage IIIO colors. Make it something different

Pegasus

;D, When Australia first bought the Mirages they were in natural metal overall with the red intake lip trim. After the corrosive effects of operations at Williamtown ( about 3 miles from the coast) they were painted silver overall with either red or yellow intake lip trims, depaending on unit. Then came a period of wraparound lizard camoflage then the dark green medium grey over light grey scheme and then various experimental schemes and finally something like air defence grey on some airframes. The rest retained the dark green/medium grey over light grey scheme until their retirement.

Cheers,
Ross.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Maverick on March 07, 2009, 02:11:04 PM
I did a profile of an F-102 in the later Blue over Grey Mirage scheme.  It's in my Gallery.

Mav,

After looking in your Gallery for this one, it seems you've done a profile of EVERYthing in every possible scheme! Awesome and very inspiring too. :)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Maverick

Thanks for that Kit.  I've currently got roughly 2300 aircraft along with over 100 armour profiles available, although not all (notably Finnish & Baltic) aren't present as I'm waiting on the completion of the series.

Regards,

Mav