Xtrakit

Started by Maverick, March 07, 2009, 02:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Oh dear.  The Spitfire 22.  I am going to be bankrupted.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Weaver

Wonder if the Hunter T.7 is the old Matchbox mould like the Meteor NF.11/12/14 was?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Quote from: Weaver on November 22, 2010, 06:27:43 PM
Wonder if the Hunter T.7 is the old Matchbox mould like the Meteor NF.11/12/14 was?

Don't know but I was told it was due in the country prior to Telford. Hannants were a little miffed (understandably) that it missed out.

Spitfire 22  :wub:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Not at that price.  The Meteor was about £8 so I suspect that the Hunter is a new tool.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Weaver

Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 23, 2010, 01:46:50 AM

Not at that price.  The Meteor was about £8 so I suspect that the Hunter is a new tool.

I know the Meteor NF is only £7 now, but wasn't it something like £14 when it came out? There seem to be an awful lot of the Matchbox Meteors on ebay (I've got four!), so that probably prompted them to reduce the price to something more competative. The Matchbox Hunter T.7 seems to be in much shorter supply second hand though (probably because more of them were actually built).
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on November 23, 2010, 02:41:29 AM
There seem to be an awful lot of the Matchbox Meteors on ebay (I've got four!), so that probably prompted them to reduce the price to something more competative.

Four? Is that all?  ;) ;D :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 23, 2010, 04:13:23 AM
Quote from: Weaver on November 23, 2010, 02:41:29 AM
There seem to be an awful lot of the Matchbox Meteors on ebay (I've got four!), so that probably prompted them to reduce the price to something more competative.

Four? Is that all?  ;) ;D :o

Given that I only actually need two, it's plenty, thanks..... ;D

- Indiana Jones

The Wooksta!

It's not an easy build.  Frankly, it's a horror.  I've built 2 - never again...

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Weaver

Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 23, 2010, 05:58:41 AM
It's not an easy build.  Frankly, it's a horror.  I've built 2 - never again...

I remember you telling me when I broached my ideas for one. I still intend to do it, but I modified the plan and I'm not in any rush. The other "needed" one is a bits donor.

- Indiana Jones

The Wooksta!

The wings and tail are okay, bit of sanding, some filler.  The fuselage... Horrible, simply horrible.

Have to be honest, I'd like to do another TR10 but with the NF14 canopy and bang seats.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

The Wooksta!

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

Looks nice  :thumbsup: . Box art is remarkably similar to the Admiral/AZ one. Could get confusing
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

pyro-manic

I've wanted a 1:72 IP Spit 22/24 for years, and now three companies (special hobby, xtrakit and admiral) are doing them all at once! My cup runneth over, as they say. Now to find some cheap ones - I can't afford £15+ for the number that I want!
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

The Wooksta!

There's a trader on ebay knocking the Admiral ones out for £12 each.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?