silent but could be made deadly

Started by chrisonord, March 09, 2009, 05:50:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

Well, it's nice but the X-48 is just a glorified RC model, I want it BIG!
;D ;D ;D
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Madoc

Folks,

Another thing to think about with passengers in a Blended Wing Body airframe is the G-loads and roll rate motion experienced by those passengers.  The further away from the centerline of the aircraft the more intense those effects are going to be.  Even on something as "narrow" as a wide-body passenger bird, the folks sitting out at the windows get much more of a "ride" than those in the center.  A BWB passenger jet would make this much worse as those seat rows are easily four or five times as wide and / or further out from the centerline.

There are ways of minimizing those effects but not eliminating them.  That places a severe handicap on this configuration when it comes to stuffing it full of enough passengers so as to make it profitable.

Cargo, on the other hand, doesn't seem to mind such effects.  So we could eventually have BWB's handling the supra-efficient hauling of cargo with the long tube / watermelons handling the passenger end of the business.

Madoc
Wherever you go, there you are!

Green Dragon

Best cargo door to me would be a rear ramp under the engine area, drive an Abrahms or two in that way!
Mossie, I don't think I could be trusted with an ejection seat!

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)