Main Menu

Logo GB

Started by Weaver, March 09, 2009, 09:38:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Here's a random thought: Starship Modeller had a competition to build a model of the spacecraft sillouette in their logo, so why don't we do the same?

The What If? logo has two aircraft sillouettes in it, which (correct me if I'm wrong) don't represent real aircraft. Simply build a model that corresponds to one of those. The main rule would be that it mustn't clash with the sillouette, i.e. if you're doing the bottom one, it must have delta wings and some kind of small tail. Anything that isn't in the sillouette (cockpit, for instance) is up to you.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Hobbes

Both have been built, the logo contains a Spitfire with TSR.2 wing and a TSR.2 with Spitfire wing.

Weaver

Ah, I see. Viewed in the small size it appears on the site it's not clear exactly exactly they are, although I did spot the Spitfire wings!

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Eh?  :huh:

Where's this logo then? The one I can see at the top of the page is a Hawker P1121, in full colour at the front and in blueprint at the rear.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

JayBee

So where are the photo's of these builds?
I would love to see them plaese.
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

jcf

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 09, 2009, 01:51:36 PM
Eh?  :huh:

Where's this logo then? The one I can see at the top of the page is a Hawker P1121, in full colour at the front and in blueprint at the rear.

Hi Kit,
the logo is the words What-If with the two swoopies and the little planes.

Jon

PR19_Kit

Ahah, THOSE planes, gotcha and thanks :)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

puddingwrestler

Never the less, they are small enough that it's very hard to tell that from the images. I think it's a good idea to have a shot at this and see what other people can fit into the profiles. Myself, I think the delta one looks like something russian, like the MiG-21 in shape, and I'd love to have a shot at something which fits that outline.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Weaver

My guess was that the top one was a MiG-27 with Spitfire wings.

What occured to me for the bottom one was a flying stovepipe fuselage (Su-7 for preference) with Mirage wings located further forward than is usual and cruciform 4-surface tail, the idea being that it's a tail-sitter interceptor....

- Indiana Jones