Main Menu

Gundam Tank

Started by cthulhu77, March 09, 2009, 12:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthulhu77

Well, as noted in other threads, this is quite possibly the finest kit I have ever seen. Yeah, it is pricey, but man, oh man...the detail and quality is unbelievable.
Starting on the underpainting:

sotoolslinger

Dang that's some pretty detail. :wub:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

chrisonord

That is very nice, I am loking forward to seeing that when its done, what scale is it please???
That turret looks like it is going to be well tooled up......want one...er several :rolleyes:
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

ChernayaAkula

The detail does look very nice! :thumbsup: Lookin' forward to more!
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Scooterman

<gets popcorn and sits down>

This is going to be sweet. 

Evil thought-why not whif the whif, Greg?  Convert it to a single barreled beast!

Just call me Ray

What Gundam series are we talking about? Universal Century, Cosmic Era, Gundam 00?
It's a crappy self-made pic of a Lockheed Unmanned Combat Armed Rotorcraft (UCAR), BTW
Even Saddam realized the hazard of airplanes, and was discovered hiding in a bunker. - Skydrol from Airliners.net

Talos

The model is from MS Igloo, the currently ongoing CGI UC Gundam OVA set in the One Year War. The M61A5 is the mount of the main character of MS Igloo 2 Episode 2.

philp

Quote from: chrisonord on March 09, 2009, 02:19:28 PM
That is very nice, I am loking forward to seeing that when its done, what scale is it please???

Kit is 1/35th scale.

They also make a set in 1/144th with 2 of the tanks, several other vehicles and figs and a bot.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

PanzerWulff

Quote from: Talos on March 09, 2009, 08:17:44 PM
The model is from MS Igloo, the currently ongoing CGI UC Gundam OVA set in the One Year War. The M61A5 is the mount of the main character of MS Igloo 2 Episode 2.
Ahhhhhhh that explains the difference between the model and the Type 61's seen in 08th MS Team :thumbsup:
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

Maverick

I know the UC Hardgraph stuff is pricey, but at 35th scale and some bloody interesting stuff hat's off bigtime to Bandai for the effort.

The Type 61 looks like a ripper Greg.

Regards,

Mav

Daryl J.

So...is there a Bad Guy tank in Ye Olde Stash of Yeourze?

That's some seriously cool stuff you're making!

Daryl J.

cthulhu77

Thanks, I can't take much credit for how this is going together though...this is almost a "shake and bake" model.  Chipped the hull and wheels using salt:

BlackOps

Doesn't matter how good the kit is if you don't have any skill. Greg, ya got mad skills!  ;D  This one's gonna be a beauty! lookin' good  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

cthulhu77

Lots of pieces later:

sotoolslinger

Dang you have got mad skills my brother. :wub: :bow: :bow:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland