Main Menu

Gundam Tank

Started by cthulhu77, March 09, 2009, 12:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChernayaAkula

Wow! :o That looks great! :bow:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

frank2056

Greg, That looks amazing - the weathering looks perfect. And so does the photography. What are you using to light the model?

cthulhu77

Thanks again !
  I use a table set up with a twin set of 40 watt 48" fl. bulbs (worklight) suspended above, and pen lights, studio lighting, or flash as necessary. I take about 400 images of every model in progress, then pick through them and get the better ones for use in publication. The culls are reduced in size and published on photobucket at a reasonable pixelation (700x1200) for use on the web.  I built the whole thing into a closet recess, so I can have the lighting ready whenever I need it.

Eddie M.

Quote from: sotoolslinger on March 12, 2009, 01:57:25 PM
Dang you have got mad skills my brother. :wub: :bow: :bow:

Times deuce!! I love watching a professional at work!! ;D
Look behind you!

ChernayaAkula

Now we need a photography of the photography set-up!  :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

cthulhu77

Did manage to get the barrels on today, and now onto the little tiny bits:

John Howling Mouse

Between the model's fantastic moldings and your seriously talented painting skills, your photos look too good to be true----like enhanced CGI of some kind!  Scary good.   :bow:    :bow:    :bow:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

sudzonic

WOW that is soooooooooooooo cool  :bow: :bow: :wub: :thumbsup:can i ask whare you got that kit from???
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul!

Brian da Basher

Outstanding work, Old Wise One! I especially like your weathering and treatment of the gun barrels.
:bow: :bow:
Brian da Basher

sotoolslinger

Yeah that's pretty good ;D :lol: :rolleyes:
Are you gonna do it on a water diorama :blink:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

cthulhu77

Quote from: sotoolslinger on March 14, 2009, 06:20:57 AM
Yeah that's pretty good ;D :lol: :rolleyes:
Are you gonna do it on a water diorama :blink:

smart*ss. LOL

The kit is available from Hobby Link Japan, but brace yourself for the sticker shock.  To be honest, at first I thought it was too expensive...but after laying out 60 bucks for a Dragon kit that is half the size and a quarter of the quality, I can see why it costs so much.
more here: http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,23104.0.html

wolfik

nice thing!!!
how much costs such a thing and where is it to buy?

PanzerWulff

I found mine a bit cheaper on E-bay about 68 bucks plus 11 for shipping and insurance
BTW It's looking Killer I wish I was as good with a airbrush as you :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

Zeke

Gorgeous work sir!...the shadowing and shading on the armour is just superb!... :thumbsup:
It's a big, wide world out there...so if it's all the same to you I'll just stay indoors!

cthulhu77

The paint job is easier to do than it appears. The build up should be on MM in the next week or so.