Demonic SU-40 Hell Hound

Started by sotoolslinger, March 11, 2009, 11:23:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sauragnmon

Seriously, Ron, if you trash that beautiful crackled look, I will WALK my self down to Texas from Eastern Ontario and kick your arse personally!  That looks so damn WICKED!

Aside - I know you said you didn't get the design from hell, but with that whole Brimstone look... are ya SURE? Honestly?  You have SO got to keep that.  Maybe give it the salt-rub trick for any over patterns you give, where you use some rock salt between the layers and then brush the salt loose to provide a chipped effect under it.  It might add a little extra to this.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

HOG

Hiya Ron,
Well I think your getting some good advice here, and let me quote some that I`ved recieved on my own FeckUps:-

"Yeah I know all about art for it own sake and stuff but this is really superb    Quit yer bichin    I realize how silly that sounds ,as you cannot tell the artist what to create......it's really neato "
"I don't know what your bitchin bout  I think it looks frakkin cool   just the right amount of beat all to heck  And you are not either a teapot. Possibly coffee "
etc,etc

Cheerz  :drink:
G
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

Mossie

Oh yeah, this has been sent straight from HELL!.  Sell your sole!

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on April 05, 2009, 05:47:50 PM
You should see if any gaming figures of Ogres and such come in a scale close to 1:48....imagine them slaving over the aircraft on a tarmac that looks like something out of Dante's Inferno!

Games Workshop do any number of ogres, demons & generally unpleasant characters that should work in 1/48.  You've probably got a store somwhere close.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

sotoolslinger

Not a problem all y'all  ;D :rolleyes: :lol: :wub: :thumbsup: We're going with the plane from H E DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS :wacko:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

ChernayaAkula

:wacko: Wicked! Now you need some more yellow, orange, red and black!  :wacko:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

cthulhu77

Quote from: Mossie on April 06, 2009, 04:08:17 AM
Oh yeah, this has been sent straight from HELL!.  Sell your sole!

If he did that, what would he cook for his wife ?

Mossie

Or put on his shoe???  Oops!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

BlackOps

Ron, this is going to be an awesome detour! Kind of like my Zulu Thunderstreak, some mistakes were meant to be  :thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing this new direction unfold. Hellhound suits it well  ;D
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Sauragnmon

Games Workshop... Ogryns from the Imperial Guard line would make great mechanic-esque military appearing personages with regards to a ground display of this monster.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Brian da Basher

The scheme you stumbled upon reminds me of cooling lava. I'd call it the Krakatoa.

Or the Vesuvius.

Absolutely guided by the What-If demons gremlins!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

sotoolslinger

Thanks all y'all  :thumbsup: The main problem with this paintwork is that the bottom worked sooooo much better than the top did (+ I still had some flaws on the uppers)

And y'all know my philosophy YOU GOTTA GO BIG ;D :rolleyes: :wacko:
So I started experimenting last night with inks  :wub: That's gonna work out for me :wacko:

I am on my way to the art store to get some yellow , orange, and black :wacko: :thumbsup:
I amuse me.

sotoolslinger

Now with mo color ;D :rolleyes: :wacko:

I amuse me.

cthulhu77

wow, you really have run with that one !!!!!!

Sauragnmon

Now That looks wicked so far - looking forward to seeing the edges cleaned and trimmed once that crackleflage goes full blown wide open.  Beautiful piece now, Ron.

sotoolslinger

This is a still evolving design  :blink: Here are a couple different pics in different lighting conditions

I amuse me.