Main Menu

YBQ-1R

Started by noxioux, March 11, 2009, 08:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noxioux

Quote from: Cobra on March 14, 2009, 09:54:20 AM
Very Cool!!!!! :mellow: Looks like Something You'd see in a Dale Brown Novel!!!!!!! have You Decided on a Paint Scheme Yet???? Keep up the Great work!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheers:

It will be getting some kind of desert scheme on top, and most likely black on the bottom.  I'd like to do another digital, but if I go digital it will have to be something a little different.  Maybe little triangles instead of tiny squares, or something like that.  It got a shot of primer today, and there are some rough spots to work out, but I think this one will come together pretty quickly.

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: noxioux on March 14, 2009, 08:03:47 PM
It will be getting some kind of desert scheme on top, and most likely black on the bottom.<...>

How about a variation of the scheme on the B-1A?

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Mossie

Peanut?

Peanut II?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

noxioux

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on March 14, 2009, 08:33:46 PM
How about a variation of the scheme on the B-1A?

That exact photo has been near my bench for about 7 years now, and I've been wanting to build it in the 1/48 monster version forever.  But that's really close to what I'm thinking.  But, that peanut Tornado is sexy, too.  Maybe a splinter/digital peanut scheme?

lancer

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 13, 2009, 05:17:23 PM
I'd have thought Mr. Brown's writings would have been required reading for Whiffers! :)

I'm not sure if his B-1s had V tails, but his EB-52 Megafortresses certainly did. I'm sure I saw one on the SIG stand at Telford a year or so ago, anyone remember that?

Quite so, but his later book got way to political for me and I think he kind of 'lost the plot' so to speak. But his earlier books were really very good.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

pyro-manic

I read a couple and thought they were dreadful, to be honest - very poor writing. Lots of technical stuff and interesting ideas, but not much else.

Looks interesting, noxioux - looking forward to seeing more!
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Mossie

The only one I thought was any good was the first one I read, Day of the Cheetah, & that was largely a rip off of Craig Thomas's Firefox.  After that I read several to try & find one that would live up to it, never managed it.  Good whiff fodder though, there's a list of his aircraft on Wiki:
Fictional Aircraft in Dale Brown Novels Wiki link
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

GTX

Quote from: Mossie on March 18, 2009, 02:50:38 PM
The only one I thought was any good was the first one I read, Day of the Cheetah, & that was largely a rip off of Craig Thomas's Firefox.  After that I read several to try & find one that would live up to it, never managed it.  Good whiff fodder though, there's a list of his aircraft on Wiki:

My favourite was also one of his worst (at least with his personal political views being put in so heavily) - Chains of Command.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Talos

Quote from: GTX on March 19, 2009, 12:59:29 AM
Quote from: Mossie on March 18, 2009, 02:50:38 PM

My favourite was also one of his worst (at least with his personal political views being put in so heavily) - Chains of Command.

Regards,

Greg

That's actually my favorite too. One of the things that got me to read some of his newer books was him bringing back Daren Mace in Air Battle Force. The RF-111G Vampires were great.

noxioux

Mega bump, I guess. . .

Well, Kayak fishing has taken me away from whiffing for quite some time now.  I sincerely apologize to everyone here, and I am going to try to be better about keeping up.  Everyone here is so prolific, that just a short time away equals a daunting catch-up!

Here's the finished product, with sawtooth paint like my MiG 1.44.  I painted the tomohawk orange, because I recall seeing many orange tomohawks in my old Defense News magazines.

I don't know that nifty new trick with the piccies, I apologize for the clunkiness here.

Shasper

Dig the paint!

Any of Dale Brown's books prior to Battle Born is good with me, preferably the first few books he wrote. While Battle Born had the techno-wizardry I liked, everything else kinda . . . well, sucked. Haven't read any of his new stuff (dont really care to either), been sticking to the occasional Barrett Tillman or James Huston novel.
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Spey_Phantom

for some reason, this looks an lot like the R101 Dephilius I from the game "Ace Combat 3"
and i like it  :wub:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Mossie

Looks nice, like the shiny upper surfaces!  What's the story behind the bulged tail?

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Sauragnmon

Very nice paintjob, love the sawtooth on the upper leading edges.  The cockpit work looks interesting too.

I Think, and I might be wrong, the only Orange Tommies were test units - mostly impact tests or prototype units - a lot of the cruise missiles, if you look, the test models are brighter coloured, probably so they can catch them visually and observe the flight patterns or such during guidance module tests or what not.  Service Tommies are overall white, to my memory.  But hey, your whif, your paint, you want it in deer hunter orange, I say Cool!
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.