P1083 'super Hunter'

Started by General Melchet, March 12, 2009, 02:35:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General Melchet

Hi gang, Colin was good enough to give me a set of the excellent 'Silver cloud' resin wings and bits to convert the Revell Hunter into the sexy P 1083. I decided to go with a prototypical scheme based on Hawkers house colours of 'sky' use by many of the early prototypes. The reason for this is that a] I like the scheme ! and b] the operational version would have looked quite different as it would have used the larger Avon RA 19R (which had a  wider diameter tailpipe and reheat unit, the casing forming the outer skin), standard airbrake and revised intakes.
Hope you like it, I recommend you get one or two, or three  ;D

Andy

Clearly, Field Marshal Haig is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to Berlin.

Eddie M.

Great looking bird! Looks like it's ready for flight! ;D
Look behind you!

sideshowbob9

A real beauty you have there  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

cthulhu77

Beautiful work, that is really worth all of the work. Wow, a complete stunner !  The finish is perfect, especially the metal bits.  :wub:

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Mossie

Lovely, looking forward to getting hold of mine!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

kitnut617

Very nice Andy, I've got one of these conversions on my shopping list.

Would you know if the 'supersonic' Hunter would've got 'area ruling' too ?
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

General Melchet

Thanks for the comments chaps :thumbsup:, it's a real joy to put together, no filler to speak of, ( all I ever use is Mr Hobby liquid putty and only a smear at that !).There's no mention of the area rule but I would have thought it a logical development though the whole project was dropped early on as new Mach 2 fighters were thought to be the way forward, the EE P1 being a case in point. Pity really as it was a wonderful design....

Cheers now,

Andy
Clearly, Field Marshal Haig is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to Berlin.

ChernayaAkula

Hunters always look great!  :wub:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Ed S

Nice Hunter.  Looks very realistic. 

:thumbsup:

Ed :cheers:
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

BlackOps

:wub: Andy, she's a real looker! Very clean and beautifully executed build.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

PR19_Kit

A sharp looking aircraft Andy, pure 'Hawker'. :)

Is the jet pipe/exhaust area different from the standard kit too, or do you have to modify the Revell bits? And is/will there be a production version with the larger engine too?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Just remind me again...... I've seen this somewhere before, haven't I ? - D*mn that's just superb  :thumbsup:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Mossie

Kit, there's a nozzle in the kit, there's also an insert for the submerged intake on the dorsal fuselage.  There's a solid plug about 10mm inside the jet pipe, if you want to detail this you'll have to drill it out & find a suitable part for the rear plate.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.