A quick weekend project

Started by bacofoil, March 15, 2009, 12:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bacofoil

What if in the early 1950,s the USA became worried by the RAF,s lack of a radar equipped fighter in Germany.
Under the MWAP the US supplies the RAF with surplus F7U Cutlass fighters and support via Paul Bolton Company.
No 5 Squadron at Laabruch operates these,known as Archer F.1A, for 5 years until the Gloster Javalin takes over.
The aircraft may have looked like my "weekend project" below.
What do you think ?
Would my story hold up ?.

sotoolslinger

Well it is a beauty :wub: :thumbsup:
And just how many "quick weekends " did this take ;D :o
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

bacofoil

If im honest,I started this project on Thursday evening and finnished about 4pm today.
It is one the nicest kits ive ever made,(Fujimi 1/72) good fit and such an interesting type.Wonder what another one in R.N colours would be like ?

sotoolslinger

Well you would definitely be a solid contender for a 1 week GB :wub: :thumbsup:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

PanzerWulff

That is GORGEOUS :wub: :wub: :wub: It just looks so right :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

Mossie

Weekend project, bah!  It must have taken months, since my Hasegawa Egg Plane is still on the workbench three weeks later......

Seriuosly, great work & bonus points for getting it done in double quick time! :party:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Ed S

Nice weekend model.  Good job with the NMF.
:thumbsup:

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Captain Canada

Nice work ! She looks a beauty in that colour with those roundels.....and your story makes sense to me !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

van883

Really good looking Cutlass-I think you might mean Boulton Paul rather than Paul Bolton?

Van

jorel62

Great job....she's a real winner :thumbsup:

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Supertom

It looks really "right."  Good job there.  You ought to expand on the story!
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Vulcan7

Fantastic looking quick project bacofoil :thumbsup: great design and execution  :tornado: :cheers:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

sideshowbob9

Looks great! As has already been said, it just looks right.  :cheers:

I wonder how the 'Archer' would have performed if it didn't have to operate from those pesky carriers?  ;D