A quick weekend project

Started by bacofoil, March 15, 2009, 12:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthulhu77

Especially digging the leading edge...wow !

kitbasher

Quote from: bacofoil on March 15, 2009, 12:06:37 PM
.....the RAF's lack of a radar-equipped fighter in Germany.....Archer F.1A
Very, very nice indeed Bacofoil (love the handle!).  JMN moment (sorry) - I guess you mean 'day fighter'?  And nice name too, but I think 'Cutlass' is one their Airshipnesses probably would have liked to have kept - especially in post-war austerity Britain where the names budget was tiny!
Honest, lovely model, and while there's a good chance of spotting an RAF Sabredog I don't think there's very many RAF Cutlasses around and about.   ;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Ian the Kiwi Herder

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Dork the kit slayer

I love it .........................Just TOO good............................I shall now trash my Cutlass project........walks away defeated,for a lay down in a darkened room
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

BlackOps

A truly beautiful build  :wub:  The British markings look so very right!  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

bacofoil

Thanks guys.I have to agree that this aircraft suits the RAF colours very well and doesn't it look like something out of the 2000,s and not the 50,s ?
I'm sure that with better engines(Avon's) and some R+D time it could have been "quite something".

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

John Howling Mouse

That is one fine finish you have there.  mmmm....shiny!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

GTX

Damn fine work sir!

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

comrade harps

Whatever.

nev

That is absolutely gorgeous! :wub:  The NMF finish is flawless, and the rest of it is sharp as a tack :wub:  :wub:

I'm off to the Whiffies 2009 thread - who's joining me?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Green Dragon

Excellent Cutlass Bacofoil, always loved the look of that plane and the RAF markings really do suit it. I'll have to think of something else to do on my one now as I couldn't get it to look as good as yours!

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

bacofoil

Glad you like it.Thank you. How about an Italian version Green Dragon ? I very nearly went that way with mine.Also nearly went for camo like early Javelin's but i luv metallic finish.
Baco

noxioux

What a beautiful build!  If you truly built that in a matter of days, well we all ought to bow down and grovel a bit. :bow: :bow: :bow:

Daryl J.

This is great!   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

What was your source of roundels?

TIA,
Daryl J.