Egg Plane SCRAMBLE!!!GB

Started by PanzerWulff, March 15, 2009, 03:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanzerWulff

Ok I know that the latest release of Hasegawa EggPlanes are fairly readily available so I was thinking Why not WHIFF them?? With 12 kits available 6 modern F-14,F-16,F-18,F-15,F-4 Phantom & Space Shuttle.And 6 WWII Aircraft Corsair,Mustang,Warhawk,Thunderbolt,Fw-190 & Zero. I myself have an entire set,so I was thinking this could be a fun build.You could use one of these kits (I believe there are others out there) or scratch,Bash and build your own I see no limitations except that the model Must follow the Egg theme
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

pyro-manic

Goblin parasite fighter? It's already egg-shaped! ;D
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

philp

Don't forget the SW versions:

Eggs-Wing

TIEgg Fighter

B-EGGspin Cloud Car

Also seen a neat dio of a shot down Zero Egg.  Craked open with the egg coming out.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Logan Hartke

Quote from: PanzerWulff on March 15, 2009, 03:15:02 PM
And 6 WWII Aircraft Corsair,Mustang,Warhawk,Thunderbolt,Fw-190 & Zero.
There's also the Hasegawa Brewster Buffalo Egg Plane.

I'll get my coat...

Logan

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Aircav

Me too, already got the F-16  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

sequoiaranger

The Caproni Stipa shown below was a REAL aircraft, a flying ducted fan.

Maybe make one with a popular beer label on the "can"!
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

puddingwrestler

I'd be interested, but I'd probably want to get another kit - i have one, but I wish to eggsperience it in stock form first...

I wonder if any of the IJN float planes are available as eggs?
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Mossie

There's a Zero, so you should be able to bash a Rufe out of it.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Mossie

Quote from: sequoiaranger on March 16, 2009, 11:54:34 AM
The Caproni Stipa shown below was a REAL aircraft, a flying ducted fan.

Maybe make one with a popular beer label on the "can"!

Or a Saab Tunnan.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Borrowed from this site, a couple of nice real world Tunnans on there too: http://hem.passagen.se/burrabee/72scale/mili.html

sequoiaranger

I *LIKE* that flying barrel!

In the other pics of the Tunnan you had a "U.N." plane in an unusual camo that I also liked very much. Did you "invent" that camo, or was it a documented real style?
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Mossie

Oh, they're not mine, the only Tunnan I've tried to build ended in disaster recently! :rolleyes: :banghead: :lol:

The UN aircraft is real world, Sweden deployed Tunnans during the Congan Crisis as part of the ONCU peacekeeping force.  Some of the Tunnans received that funky camo.  It's basically the standard Tunnan camouflage extended to wraparound with the yellow lines either following the demarcations or randomly placed depending on the aircraft.

JayBee

The Swedish contingent was eight J-29Bs in natural metal and two S-29Cs ( the recon version) in that camoflage.
The Heller kit is good for this as it both the fighter and the recon noses.

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

puddingwrestler

Quote from: Mossie on March 16, 2009, 03:28:47 PM
There's a Zero, so you should be able to bash a Rufe out of it.

Just by chance, that happens to be the one I own! It was a choice between a zero and an FW-190, and I went the Zero. Obviously I was chaneling seaplane conversions that day  :mellow:
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.