Main Menu

Red Numbers

Started by Mossie, March 21, 2009, 11:03:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

Hi all, I'm after two lots of red number 26, or seperate 2's & 6's (i.e. a set of the number 26 for each side of an aircraft).

The scale isn't important, just something around 10-13mm in height.  I've spotted some on 1/48 Tally Ho! & FCM Luftwaffe number sets that would work fine, but everywhere seems to be sold out.

The style I'm after is in the pic below & should hopefully be available from a Luftwaffe or Soviet set.

I know it's a bit specific but thanks in advance!!!

Simon :cheers:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

pyro-manic

I might have something. I'll have a look and get back to you in a bit.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

thedarkmaster

if you need them i have some soviet ones, come with white or yellow backgrounds, pm me if you want them
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Mossie

Thanks guys, preferably without an outline, although the white would be doable.  It's for a Soviet theme, so that shade of red would be just right.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

GTX

I know paint creep can be a problem at times, but have you considered masking and simply painting them on rather than decals?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Mossie

I'm pretty rubbish at cutting things out freehand, but now that you mention it Greg I might have a go.

GTX

Quote from: Mossie on March 21, 2009, 12:15:51 PM
I'm pretty rubbish at cutting things out freehand, but now that you mention it Greg I might have a go.

I recommend using the image you posted earlier as a template/mask.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

thedarkmaster

Sorry if i didn't make myself clear the decals come with seperate slightly bigger decals as an outline !

Like i said if you want them pm me your address as i'm in town Monday so can post them then for you.

TIM
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

pyro-manic

I've got loads of "2"s, but no "6"s unfortunately. :(
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Mossie

Thanks guys, I'm giving Gregs suggestion a try so I'll let you know how it turns out.  Tim, I might still take you up on th offer.  Alun, thanks for looking!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Mossie

Tim, I'll gladly take you up on those decals!  I had a little practice on a scrap model & I got reasonable results, but decals would work out much better.  PM on it's way!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: