JetSpit “262 Destroyer”

Started by Vulcan7, March 22, 2009, 06:29:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vulcan7

"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Tophe

Wonderful! :thumbsup:Congratulations! :bow:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Ed S

Looks cool. I'll bet that sucker was fast before it ran out of gas.

Where did you get the engine pods?

:thumbsup:

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

PR19_Kit

Strewth, I'll bet that's quick!

You better get on to Flight Refuelling fast and get them to develop the product a bit faster! :)

Those pods are off an Arado Ar-234 I think, yes? WhatEVER have you planned for the rest of it? Twin Griffons? :)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Sauragnmon

Auch mein gott im himmel!

What are those guns, 40mm?!?!?!? They look positively Massive!  One hit and your plane's a pile of scrap metal!  Just dodge him long enough and he'll fall out of the air though, I don't think he's got enough fuel to do a whole lot with four engines, but I agree with Ed, she's probably Ludicrous fast before the tank hits the big old E.

Beautiful work!
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

John Howling Mouse

Some concepts just leap off the screen at you and this is one of them.  Am going over to post as a potential Whiffie nomination right now.

Incredible!!!    :wub: :thumbsup: :bow:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

lancer

Well, I certainly didn't expect THAT!!!! Wow! That is a very unusual layout.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Vulcan7

Quote from: Ed S on March 22, 2009, 08:17:37 AM
Looks cool. I'll bet that sucker was fast before it ran out of gas.

Where did you get the engine pods?

:thumbsup:

Ed

thanks chaps, way too kind  :thumbsup:

as Kit says I used the alternative 4 engine power plant from a vintage Frog Arado AR234 bomber, you get the option of using 2 engines like the Me262 or the 4,  and they seem to fit very well with the Spit wings...maybe I should add some large drop tanks?  ;D
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

McGreig

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on March 22, 2009, 12:12:43 PM
Some concepts just leap off the screen at you and this is one of them. Incredible!!! :wub: :thumbsup: :bow:
What he said  :thumbsup: And amazingly fast work again  :o :cheers:

Zeke

He he he...it's madness I tells ya!... :thumbsup: ;D
It's a big, wide world out there...so if it's all the same to you I'll just stay indoors!

Dork the kit slayer

I think there hydrogen engines. Compressors take moisture out of the air and mix it with a bit of flubber juice and that mean machine is going to just run and run.....rather quickly to.
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

Weaver

Wow - a quick burst from that'd put your plans for the day through some changes.... :blink:

Excellent job - well done!  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Vostoc7 on March 22, 2009, 03:34:04 PM
from a vintage Frog Arado AR234 bomber, you get the option of using 2 engines like the Me262 or the 4,  and they seem to fit very well with the Spit wings...maybe I should add some large drop tanks?  ;D

Vostoc,

You do? Get both types of engine pod I meant......  :o

I've had that kit since forever and never opened it!  ;D :lol: How stupid could I be, the thing is obviously designed as a scource of Whiff parts. I built the Dragon one after it was released and never even glanced at the Frog one again.

I'm off to The Loft.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Wow....that 'thing' is awesome ! It sure looks menacing in some of the shots, likemit's about to blast a hole in my monitor ! Another one of those planes that's crying out to be flown around the room.....

:wub: :cheers: :party:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?