1/48 scale IAF A-10I. A FAR conversion

Started by FAR148, March 22, 2009, 09:17:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed S

Superb!!!  You have a real beauty here.  Your recovery was excellent.  And some great ideas in the step by step.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheers:

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

FAR148

Thanks everybody for all your kind words and support!  :thumbsup:

Philp,
I started this build in Sept of 07, my first build in about 5 years. From the start, I told myself I was going to work on her when I felt like working on it and not every time I get a chance. Other than me dropping her while painting and the whole moving cross country, it's been one of the most enjoyable build I have had in a long time. Here's what I did one her this weekend...

The decaling of my Chazir has started! And after making my own decals, I don't think I will be buyiny any aftermarket ones in the future. It took about a day and half of drawing, printing and resizing to get them right. I am very pleased with the results. You can see the new IAF roundal I made as well as my kill markings (T-80, BMP-2, BM-21 and ZSU-23 kills). The door art was an idea from my best friend.

It would not be a Hawg without a shark mouth!

My Chazir flys with the 105th Squadron. In 2014, the squadron turned in it's F-16 for A-10I. Note, the pilots personal artwork on the engine. Yes Virginia, Pigs can fly!

Some more custom decals for my LAU-117's

And alittle artwork to jazz up the Python 4's.

As well as on the ECM pod.

The new chaff and flare boxes on the weapon stations (no# 1 and 13) and the one in the rear gets a decal.

And if you want a copy of the decals, look >>>>HERE<<<< . You can download them and print you own set of IAF A-10I decals.

Until later,
Steven L :ph34r:

Sauragnmon

Holy Meshugena, look at that Hawg!

That thing is a monster, man.  I just spent 20 minutes going over the whole thread, the pictures, the ideas, just bloody AWESOME!

Seriously, Bravo Zulu!
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

CanisD

My brain hurts! The foul odor drifting down from the north over Israel is all the Syrian tankers who just wet themselves! Your modeling skills equal your impressive drawing skills.
"If you want to have dinner with the Devil, make sure to bring a long spoon!"
Wolf's Shipyard
Wolf's Shipyard Forum

philp

Love the decals and, Steve, I didn't know you were Israeli.  Or is it some exchange program?
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

PanzerWulff

:blink: :blink: :blink: And I WAS proud of my A-10 Warzenschwein But this  :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: I take my hat off to you :bow: :bow:
"Panzer"

P.S. If you would like to take a look the Warzenschwein is here
http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,11176.msg152948.html#msg152948
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

GTX

Ah well, back to Knitting Anonymous for me tonight :bow:

Great entrance.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Zeke

Holey fragholey!!!...yummyfication factor five!... :thumbsup:
It's a big, wide world out there...so if it's all the same to you I'll just stay indoors!

gunfighter

Mmmmmm maybe for 2014 I´ll get that modelling skills... :banghead:

ChernayaAkula

:bow: Yeah! The decals turned out great!  :bow: Quite the tally you racked up there!  :lol:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Weaver

Absolutely outstanding piece of work - stunning!  :bow: :bow: :bow:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

puddingwrestler

Your whiff sir is damnably awesome. If you are not careful, you will find yourself beaten to death by envious sloths...
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

lenny100

A true work of art

it was a A-10 like this shown many years ago in Finscale modeler that got me into what if so thank you for the memorys and the ideas for my Harri Hog i have on my work bench
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.