My new project from the bone yard.

Started by chrisonord, March 23, 2009, 04:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

I have delved into the boneyard yet again for this project, only this time it doesn't involve any kind of Tank or AFV.
The bits so far used are a dead AH-64 fuselage, a pair of OV-10 Bronco wings, and 2 sets of PAH-2 Tiger rotor blades.
Oh and a pair of drop tanks. The razor saw on my dremmel  has been working overtime and the miliput has been used copiously already.
Can you guess what it is yet??
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Cobra

Sounds like something the Late Derek Meddings would Build :lol: Are you slapping together a 'Heli-Jet'???? :unsure:

tigercat2

Sounds like something with 2 main rotors, like a Chinook or perhaps an HH-43 Huskie.  Looking forward to seeing it.

Wes W.

chrisonord

Here is a very big clue as to how it will sort of look like, but in a more US sort of version.
http://www.aviation.ru/contrib/brd/Ka-V100.jpg.html
Chris.

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

chrisonord

well tonight all I did to this thing was grind the putty down to something like, and slap a bit more in where the stub wings used to live, and paint where I sanded to show the uneven bits. I am now thinking of giving this a bit of a boost with the addition of an auxiliary jet engine between the wings where the original rotors used to be. This will also help get rid of the uneven fuselage bumps left behind, and help lift the silly weapons load this thing is going to get :wacko:
Chers,
Chris. 

chrisonord

today I did some fiddly bits,put the rotor blades on to their hubs, some sanding of the rotor gearboxes, and find it some landing gears from the bits box.The auxiliary jet I have put on it consists of a F-16 intake and some engine nozzles from a PAH-2, these were small enough to use both of them, and not look out of place. I am going to put a pusher propeller on the tail also, as this will push it along during normal flight, the jets are for high speed evasion and attack runs. I am putting a turret from a AH-1 in the place where the bushmaster used to live,and I am putting a gattling type cannon in it. It will also have a fixed forward firing bushmaster cannon on the forward fuselage. The landing gear are quite tall, so as to allow under fuselage stores or fuel tanks, or both.
When I get chance and some decent light I will post some pics of my work so far on this junk yard dog.
Cheers,
Chris.

seavixen

Stackridge: Rhubarb Thrashers of the World Unite

GTX

Quote from: chrisonord on March 25, 2009, 08:40:39 AM
Here is a very big clue as to how it will sort of look like, but in a more US sort of version.
http://www.aviation.ru/contrib/brd/Ka-V100.jpg.html
Chris.

That was going to be my guess.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

chrisonord

Quote from: seavixen on March 27, 2009, 01:16:20 PM

I have not had any chance to take any pics during the day, as I have been busy, hopefully I will get chance to take some tomorrow, as I have done a bit more to it tonight.
Tonights instalment  included the fitting of 12 pylons, a fixed gattling cannon, instead of it being in a turret, and a home made 35 mm gun in the turret.the rotor gearboxes are on and several tons of putty applied, oh and the rear prop is on.
Be patient with this one as I have only had chance to work on it at night, for a short stint, as I am suffering from a bad neck and painful shoulders, probably due to sitting at my modelling desk
Chers,
Chris.   

chrisonord

Here is some pictures, especially for you seavixen ;D
These are of my work on it so far.

Cheers,
Chris.

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

MartG

Looking good there Chris  :thumbsup: Are you entering it in the 'Beating the air into submission' group build ?
Murphy's 1st Law - An object at rest will be in the wrong place
Murphy's 2nd Law - An object in motion will be going in the wrong direction
Murphy's 3rd Law - For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction

John Howling Mouse

Very intriguing.  But I would say that, to me, your design looks more Soviet Cold-War than that Russian fellow's Kamov artwork!   :thumbsup:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Cobra

Very Cool :mellow: looks like Something You'd see in 'Thunderbirds' or 'Captain Scarlet'!!!!!!!! Keep up the Great Work!!!!! Can't wait to see how She looks when Done!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :cheers: :thumbsup: