MiG-29 XL

Started by sotoolslinger, March 26, 2009, 01:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

Hya Ron,
It would look cool in a colour scheme similar to this one

Or this one

or this one

Thats my thoughts on a good scheme for this lethal looking lady.
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

sotoolslinger

MMMMMMM Like em all . I was just thinking I needed to do another splinter ;D :wacko:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

chrisonord

Russian planes totally suit splinter schemes, they are my favourite camo schemes, they can be an absolute nightmare to do sometimes though.
I am doing a Tu-22m Backfire in a splinter type scheme, and it has been a nightmare to get it right, despite of how big it is :banghead: :banghead:
But, I hope it will be worth while when done.
Chris.

sotoolslinger

Yep I have only done one splinter and it was a pain in the posterior but I did learn from it.
I amuse me.

BlackOps

Ron, when you said you were putting Draken Wings on a MiG-29 I thought it sounds cool. But seeing the pictures makes me think IT"S FREAKIN' COOL!  :bow: You got yourself some wicked talent there son!
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: sotoolslinger on March 26, 2009, 01:16:17 PM
Baz "Screamin Rat" Snell started his fortune running a junk yard. By the early 80's he was one of the largest recyclers in Canada. When he received the contract from the Rebublic of Texas to handle all of its obsolete military hardware one of the stipulations was the he do all the recycling and haz-mat work in the RoT and to only deal in surplus parts to approved Combined Commonwealth allies. In the late 90's he recieved in his huge materials handling complex in the south western Republic a consignment of ex Luftwaffe MiG-29's. Being a pilot and lifelong aviation enthusiast he rebuilt and modified several adding his own designs and utilized his multi billion dollar materials laboratories to vastly improve the
design. He flew several of his modified AC in unlimited class air races and at one race in 2000 he was jokingly told by a high level RoT gov't official that he should enter his plane in the Republics lightweight fighter competiton. In 2002 ,after modifying the design to be a feasible weapons platform, he did and his design not only won but came in under the price of all other competitors.

Iz all true, baby!   Got the "Sanford and Son" theme playing here right now!   :ph34r:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

dragon

So, what do the Republic of Texas Roundels look like? :thumbsup:
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

lancer

That is a gorgeous looking MiG!!!! Looking at this one with some serious interest!!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

noxioux

Diabolical :wacko:

You sir, are a MACHINE!!! :bow:

sotoolslinger

Quote from: dragon on March 26, 2009, 11:02:04 PM
The RoT roundel looks like so

Though mostly without sidebars
Thanks to all y'all :wub: :thumbsup:
I amuse me.

dragon

Quote from: sotoolslinger on March 27, 2009, 06:46:26 PM
Quote from: dragon on March 26, 2009, 11:02:04 PM
The RoT roundel looks like so

Though mostly without sidebars
Thanks to all y'all :wub: :thumbsup:
In that case, I would go with a Flanker splinter scheme but using the same combination of colors seen on the Israeli F-16s, or there is that beautiful green black and white F-16 Arctic Aggressor scheme. :cheers:
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

Brian da Basher

Sweet! You've got a veritable whiff-factory going on down deep in the heart of Texas!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

P.S. I was imagining this beauty with three-tone gray squiggly Luftwaffe nightfighter camo. Might mean I need a drink!

sotoolslinger

So many cool choices :blink: I have no idea which one to pick ;D In case any one is wondering I have been helping out my inlaws down in south TX. this weekend so I haven't any new pics right now .I might get some stuff done in a little while.
I amuse me.

sotoolslinger

Slung some putty at her

Man this is gonna be a cool looking AC :rolleyes:

I still need a good name for her :blink:
I amuse me.

chrisonord

Names....hmm?
are you going to use NATO type names for her?
Maybe Flicknife. Failsafe, Fennec, Firefly, Fortuna lol. :blink: