Started by nev, March 27, 2009, 10:53:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

Very colorful and eye catching. Bravo!
Look behind you!

nev

Quote from: Aircav on April 07, 2009, 02:05:53 AM
You could do her in Japanese Airline's colour's  ;D

lol, I looked at those decals, then looked at my half-finished A380 and thought "hmmm, maybe not ETPS....."

As for my Mi26, it really is going to be Indian.  Maybe OGL can do the JGSDF - he has 2 in the stash that he said he didn't know what to do with one of them ;)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Brian da Basher

Very well done, Nev! I especially like the contrast between the hinomorus, very colorful squadron tail marking and gray scheme. What really makes this work for me are the different shades of gray and your excellent detail work on the panel lines.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Sisko

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Sauragnmon

They are quite a nice collection, Nev, very nicely done.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

ChernayaAkula

The Typhoon turned out great!  :thumbsup: The big insignia on the tail looks cool. Not too sure about the fuselage Hinomaru, though. 1/48 decals, maybe?   :huh:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

nev

No, I think they're off a 1/72 Starfighter, but the smaller ones I started to use (under the wings) the red circle was badly out of centre with the white, so I had to resort to the bigger ones :(

My excuse is that with the near identical Chinese J-10 around, they need the big markings to ensure a positive ID ;)

Jeffry Fontaine

Nev,

Let me know if you want to establish a folder of your own in the gallery.  Be happy to set you up with one in your name. 
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

BlackOps

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: nev on July 21, 2009, 08:55:36 AM
No, I think they're off a 1/72 Starfighter,  <...>

Ah, from the good ole days when planes could still be colourful. :rolleyes: To be fair, though, colour sure isn't lacking on Japanese aircraft. :lol:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Taiidantomcat

Impressive  :o I am also curious to see what is next  :cheers:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Captain Canada

Very nice collection, Nev ! I love that Mirage....beautiful job. I think it's my fave. No, maybe it's the Blue Typhoon. No, it's the.....

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nev

Quote from: BlackOps on July 21, 2009, 02:12:53 PM
Another beauty!  :thumbsup:  So what's next?

Hmmm...good question.  I'm kinda scratching around and half-heartedly playing with about half a dozen models right now, real and whiff, one of which is the Academy 1/48 Raptor which will probably be an aggressor. 

In the stash I've got a 1/48 Typhoon which may get the Arctic Aggressor treatement, 1/48 A-10 for the JGSDF...

We need to wait and see what comes out of the next round of GB polls ;)  Without that I don't feel like plunging full-on into anything right now.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: nev on July 22, 2009, 01:19:06 AM
Quote from: BlackOps on July 21, 2009, 02:12:53 PM
Another beauty!  :thumbsup:  So what's next?

Hmmm...good question.  I'm kinda scratching around and half-heartedly playing with about half a dozen models right now, real and whiff,

You could always go 'retro'.... BAC/EE Lightning, Hunter, Meteor F8, F-102 or 106 or even an early C/D Phantom.... Just a thought.  :wacko:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)