E-DAY PRAGUE 19TH AND 20TH SEPTEMBER 2009

Started by NARSES2, April 02, 2009, 02:41:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

As the title says. The date has finally been anounced.

Was really good fun last year. Great show, cheaper kits, great beer and a wonderful city to explore  :wub:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

PR19_Kit

Prague? Isn't that in a foreign country?

The last time I was there some guys didn't like me taking photos of their aeroplanes. I wouldn't have minded so much but they were 727s and DC8s!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

How times change ! Last year at the Air Museum one of the old guys looking after things noticed we were fascinated by their Sturmovik and held the chains up for us so we could go in and get a better look ;D All the older museum staff did look as though they once worked for the secret police but they were very friendly and helpful.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Nick

I will check the rota at work tomorrow. I will consider this if a few other people are going cos last years trip sounded pretty good  :cheers: :drink:

lancer

I'll like to book a place if I can. Prague is one place I really want to visit.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Geoff

Martin H

ok those of us going to cosford can get our heads togeather and rougth out a basic plan of action
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Geoff

Basic Plan of Action -

a, E-day
b, Beer/sausage/food in liberal quantities (Oh I remembered what I asked for at the show when they all laughed at me - don't use German!)
c, Air museum
d, Army museum
e,Touristy bits
f, Dresden or Random or?
g, More beer/sausage/food
h, More E-Day
i,Tee shirt buying expedition to Vietnam
j, Did I mention Beer/sausage/food?

Aircav

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

NARSES2

Lets be clear here lads I'm not organising anything  :blink: It will be a case of people sorting their own flights out from their appropriate local airports and then sorting accomodation out to whatever standard they want. We can co-ordinate movements and hotels etc but an organised group would be difficult to co-ordinate.

Lets wait a few weeks and see who can definately come and who can't before we go any deeper into this.

Chris

NARSES2

Possible problem for some people. A lot of the budget airlines have cut back on their routes and you may find there arn't as many departure airports for Prague as there were. Book early

thedarkmaster

yeah seems that way. BMI, my local carrier have just cut Prague from thier list of destinations.
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Aircav

Just booked me rail tickets to get to the "Big smoke" and back as its Gatwick I'm flying from plus I still have 130 quids worth of Czech money from last year ;D

Sir Sydney Camm

NARSES2

Better start taking the tranquilisers in August then Steve - after all you think Newcastle is a crowded, hectic place  :banghead: