Started by tigercat2, April 02, 2009, 10:55:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howard of Effingham

i have a couple of low-ish numbered microscale sheets, that must date from
about 1970 or late 1960's. one has luftwaffe unit insignia and the other is
for USN and MC 1930's a/c types.

Keeper of George the Cat.

Captain Canada

The oldest decals that I never got but paid for were the ones I ordered from JBOT in 2006......

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitnut617

Quote from: Captain Canada on April 08, 2009, 03:52:53 AM
The oldest decals that I never got but paid for were the ones I ordered from JBOT in 2006......

:thumbsup:

Talking about JBot decals Todd, I was in our storage container (a C-Can) looking for something totally un-related today, when I looked in a box and found a bunch of model stuff, amongst them was the lost set of CC-117 Falcon and CC-150 Polaris decals I got from JBot, long time ago that was too.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

rallymodeller

I have the sheet that came with a 1958-issue Revell S.S. Doctor Lykes -- seems to be OK.
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

JJC

i got the decals for revell's TFX F-111 fighter (and the kit!)
KEEP THE VULCAN FLYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chrisonord

The oldest decals I have are the ones that are in my 1968 Airfix Avro Anson 1, I don't know what condition they are as the box is still sealed with its original tape. They should be ok as the box is in pretty good nick also.
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Andrew Gorman

I just used an ABT decal for some Me-110 on a spaceship and it worked just fine.  I love a bargain bin.

The Rat

I've got an old Lincoln International Canberra that probably dates from the 50's, can't find a date on it.

When I build it I will NOT be attempting to use these decals, reproduced here actual size:

Reproduced a bit larger for easy reading, here are the instructions on the back. Note that they aren't just any decals, but Super Quality ARMOUR-SKIN Decals!:

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

anthonyp

Picked up an Aurora Jet Commander off ebay a few months back.  Still had the decals.  Probably usable, only if I were to use liquid decal film to reinforce them.  Had some ancient ESCI decal sheets that I should have used it on, but didn't and lost some decals to flaking.
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man