B-58 Sea Hustler

Started by Eddie M., April 02, 2009, 07:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logan Hartke

Quote from: anthonyp on April 04, 2009, 02:00:45 PM
Quote from: Logan Hartke on April 03, 2009, 07:15:20 AM
Maybe the USS America wasn't canceled and is continuing to be used in its intended role as nuclear strike carrier equipped with large, long-range, cutting-edge bombers in the 1960s?

I think you mean the USS United States, CVA-58.  USS America was the third Kitty Hawk class carrier (CV-66).
Exactly right, that is what I meant.  Easy to get the two names confused, I suppose.

Logan Hartke

Cobra

Super Cool :mellow: why do i hear the Theme from 'Stingray' when i read this???? Great Work So Far, Can't Wait for More!!!! Keep up the Great Work :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheers:

GTX

Quote from: Eddie M. on April 04, 2009, 08:06:10 PM
I got a little more rough in work done last night, but none today. We got bad news last night. My wife's parent's house burned to the ground last night in Marble Falls. My F.I.L. was only able to get out wearing pants and a shirt. He built that house and it's the only home my wife and her family knew growing up. Everyone is pretty shaken and I dare say in shock. My wife's going to be with her family for a few days, so I'll be manning the helm solo for a few days. I'll be back soon....

Bad news - so long as everyone is safe though!

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

sotoolslinger

DAMN THAT SUCKS Sorry to hear that Eddie. My families thoughts are with you and yours.
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Mossie

Thoughts with your parents Eddie.  Glad everyone is okay, but I can't imagine what it's like to lose your home.  Wishing them all the best.

Simon.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

kitnut617

Not something you want to find out about is it ?, sorry to hear about that Eddie and glad everyone is safe.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

BlackOps

Man! Of all things to happen  :banghead: Sorry to hear about your parents place, that is one of my biggest fears. Glad to hear they are unharmed.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Brian da Basher

I'm very sorry to hear about the fire and I'll be keeping you, Mrs Eddie and family in my thoughts.

I really like what you've got going with your Sea Hustler here. I've got a 1/144 scale version in the stash and alway on the lookout for ideas.
:cheers:
Brian da Basher

Eddie M.

Thank you all for the warm comments and we appreciate them all. The In Laws had lived there since my F.I.L. built the place over 40 years ago and that's where my wife and her brother and sister lived until they moved out. Many a
Christmas where spent there. They are retrieving some small items of sentimental value, but other than that, it's a total loss. Having seen more houses burn as a firefighter than I care to remember, it just too close to home....
Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

Sad news, Eddie.  From a safety perspective (learning from incidents, you know the drill), has the cause been ascertained yet?

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on April 06, 2009, 04:54:22 PM
Sad news, Eddie.  From a safety perspective (learning from incidents, you know the drill), has the cause been ascertained yet?

Not that I've heard yet. They may be able to find the general point of origin, but from what I understand, there's not enough left to pin point a cause. I am hearing that the community is rallying behind them and trying to make this as easy as possible for them. Already, generous gifts of a work truck for my FIL, place to stay, and monetary gifts are starting to be made available. They've spent their lives helping people and now the fruit of those effort are coming to bear....

Hopefully I'll be in the mood to do some modeling pretty soon......
Look behind you!

Cobra

That's Gotta Suck Big Time!!!!!!! Hope Your Inlaws are OK. Used to Worry about my Dad, He Used to be a Firefighter!!!!!! Don't Let it Get you down. Hope you'll Grace us with More of Your Great Work Soon. Stay Cool. :mellow: :cheers: :thumbsup:

Eddie M.

Thanks Cobra. I'm a vol. firefighter myself and it never easy fighting house fires, especially when we lose and the family is left with nothing...

Today was a good day. I survived another year and got to spend the day modeling. My kids gave me a Metallica "And Justice for All" t-shirt and a card that basically said "WOW, in dog years...(open the card)... you'd be dead! LOL!!!

Here's the work I did today on the Sea Hustler

wheel wells roughed in

All the feather are in the cans. All 24 per can...I had no trouble seeing them...with my reading glasses while wearing opti-mag goggles. ;)
Look behind you!

BlackOps

Quote from: Eddie M. on April 11, 2009, 04:06:56 PM
All the feather are in the cans. All 24 per can...I had no trouble seeing them...with my reading glasses while wearing opti-mag goggles. ;)

You must be getting old! ;D    :party: :party: Glad it was a good one!  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

John Howling Mouse

Happy Birthday, Eddie!  You can finally get into the bars (legally) now, eh?    :rolleyes:     :drink: :party:  :cheers:

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.