B-58 Sea Hustler

Started by Eddie M., April 02, 2009, 07:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthulhu77

Belated Happy Day !  Did you get some Easter Eggs too?

Eddie M.

Thank you very much Gentlemen! It was a fine day indeed. :)

QuoteBelated Happy Day !  Did you get some Easter Eggs too?

Thank you. Yes, I did and they gave me the winds somethin' fierce! :lol:

Today I decided I needed to add speed brakes to this oversized lawn dart, so the cutting has begun. ;D
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Here's how I fabricated interior of the speed brakes. I used the cut out and added a piece of plasticard to the front. Add some framing and glue in place. :)

Look behind you!

cthulhu77

Hey now !   Love the look.

BlackOps

Good thinking on the speed brake interior. Your getting very good with the detail bits.  :bow:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

John Howling Mouse

Looks good but I'm still giggling about Easter Eggs giving you "the winds"!!!   :lol:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

Well, it's been a while since I've done any work on this beasty. I've not been feeling very creative lately, so one of the many voices that guide me in my projects told me to take a break and do something a little different. More of that in a minute. The burner cans are done and I've started to trim the inboard engine pylons. I'm doing that to reduce the stress during a trap and give me a little more engine to deck clearence. ("We have clearance, Clarence." "Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?")

The cans with too much flash

And natural indoor light

The pylon mod...

Now, anyone remember the part in the Exorsist when the Demon finally shows itself in a kind of shadowy back lit scene? Well, my little helper voice wasn't so subtle. He made his appearance and "suggested" I do something a little different. Who am I to argue?

Real world alert I've started a 1/1200 USS Enterprise CV-6, or as I call the it, The Little Big E. ;D
I'm filling in the the predrilled holes for the aircraft because I don't like being told how to spot my deck ;) and made my own aft elevator

Look behind you!

cthulhu77

I'd say "nice cans, Eddie !" , but that would sound weird.  LOL.

Love those little carrier kits, they are really great to keep from going nuts.

John Howling Mouse

Okay, some pedantic advice:  With all the work you've done on these great cans, don't forget to take some AFT pics of the model once she's done!   :cheers:

Eddie M.

Well, it been awhile cuz I got brain vapor lock over the gear. Picking out the right landing gear is going to make or brake this one. I think I've found suitable main gear.:) I've also trimmed the inboard engine nacelles up a bit.

Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Modification of the landing gear has begun. I'm using parts from different F-4s, to give it more of a USN feel. ;D

Look behind you!

Captain Canada

What a sweet looking build....keep 'er going, eh ? Nice work on the legs as well...they're really starting to look the part !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

John Howling Mouse

Okay, another reminder for all of us: send your Whiff landing gear requirements to Eddie!  These are looking very innovative, Eddie.   :thumbsup:

Eddie M.

Modeling Mushi is the one I thank for this bit of imspiration with change to this build. Right now, I'm starting to lean back to making this a shore based bird and give it more of an anti-ship mission.

Look behind you!