Nieuport ACA.5Z Double-Petit-Chose (very little twin fighter 1945)

Started by Tophe, April 04, 2009, 08:19:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

As work is progressing so slowly on my huge GP-38L 1/32, I turn myself to a very little model, not to loose enthusiasm in modellism...
From 2 copies of the model ACA.5 (Unicraft 1/72), I will build a twin-plane, and asymmetrical: single-tail, single-seat...
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

John Howling Mouse

You're into resin, now?  You are much braver than me, then!  :bow:   Good luck with this cool idea, Tophe!   :thumbsup:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

PR19_Kit

Tophe,

That thing looks weird enough straight out of the box, let alone after YOU'VE got to work on it, or them.  :lol:

This should be worth seeing!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

Here are, cleaned, the parts I am going to use.
(I plan a single biplane tail on starboard with 4 fins, and 2 tandem pylons on port)

ElectrikBlue

Hi Tophe!  ;D

Sounds interesting, looking forward to this!

EB

Brian da Basher

Oh yes! You have chosen the absolutely perfect kit for whiffy asymmetric wonder, Tophe! Your tinted canopies will look right at home here.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Tophe

The ACA-5Z is taking shape...
- the connecting wing is installed. This would require putty and sanding to be "perfect", but I think I will let it that way, to optimize the ratio satisfaction/effort...
- truncating 2 half wings provided me with kind of additional tailplanes and my project is to install them as foreplanes on the tail-less port fuselage...

Tophe

Yes, the Twin-little-thing is almost finished, in minutes. I like this way of modelling.

Tophe

(As a bad modeller) I was very afraid to  destroy the thermoformed canopy, but I almost succeeded in cutting it off and installing it somehow. This is millions of miles away(below) from  the result of top-modellers here, but I had fun inventing, and this is enough for me. To keep me inside modellism - not playing with computer drawings only (this is almost self-therapy, please do not judge me too severely).

Brian da Basher

I've always liked the look your tinted canopies give your projects Tophe and I think there could be few aircraft more fitting for a tinted canopy than your Nieuport ACA. You've made some excellent progress and I look forward to seeing more. Are you going to finish it in W.W. II French Air Force camo or do you have something else in mind?
Brian da Basher

Tophe

Thanks Brian.
Sorry it is "finished" according to my standards... This is a shelf-object not at all a propelled wheeled killing-machine, nationalistic moreover (our national anthem requiring to kill foreigners and their babies because their blood is not pure). Never will I celebrate that, sorry... Of course the Nazi were even worse but in the very same direction...
Peace on my mind, sky blue like a growing tree... no injection, doctor, please... :blink: :o

ElectrikBlue

John Howling Mouse

Nice job, Tophe.

I like that you model a world where people no longer destroy each other and serial numbers are equally unnecessary.   -_-
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Brian da Basher

You know, the more I look at your Nieuport Tophe, the more I enjoy it. I think the scheme it's in definitely has a more futuristic appearance. I hope you'll pardon me as I learn more about your approach to whiffery. I always find your work an inspiration!

I'd like to see what you could do with an airliner.

Brian da Basher

Rafael

KEY WORDS OF THE WHIFWORLD KING OF IMAGINATION:
Quote from: Tophe on April 20, 2009, 01:31:03 AM
(As a bad modeller) Ha, ha!!! Talk about a guy who has delighted us all with his fantasy!!! :bow: :bow:
This is millions of miles away Yes. Top-notch  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
but I had fun inventing, and this is enough for me. Wisest words from the french modeling jedi!!! :cheers: :cheers:

I like it, I love it!!!!

I can dream about it being a fast courier, or a family plane for the weekend picnic!!!

Imaginatively ingenious as always, Christophe. Hats off to you from Caracas!!!

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER