Cosford Show pics

Started by van883, April 05, 2009, 10:43:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vulcan7

wow great show pics, thanks for posting  :thumbsup: :cheers:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

Captain Canada

Alright....as long as everybody else is just as confused about that Mustang as I am !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Martin H

Quote from: JayBee on April 08, 2009, 09:52:29 AM
Philp, seeing as you asked so nicely here are the three SciFi photos that I took.

And that TB3 is at least 3 feet tall!  Its builder doesnt do anything small LOL. You should have seen the Enterprise A he was working on, that thing was bloody huge!
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Aircav

Any better pics of Howards K-8 ?
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

kitbasher

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 07, 2009, 04:03:35 AM
Glorious RAF Typhoon
Ah well, another idea ('Typhoon Timewarp') down the pan.  Still, saved a tenner!!  ;D ;D
PS v. good model.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

van883

Quote from: philp on April 07, 2009, 04:29:30 PM
Love the egg F-82. :wub:

Any one get any shots of the Sci-
fi stuff, figures or dioramas?

More sci fi pics-all models scratch built I was told!

Van

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

nev

Those sci-fi models are outstanding :D
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

GTX

Love that Pink Panther :thumbsup:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

philp

JayBee and Van,
Thanks for the sci-fi pics.  Some of those were in pics from Telford last year.  Some really neat designs.

The only local show we are having this year is for the Car guys.  Closest is the Regional in Colorado that I was planning on but it is the same day my kid graduates form High School  :banghead:.  And the Nats are in Columbus which is a little too far for me to travel with the way funds are going this year.

I will just have to keep on living through the pics you all post.

Thanks again.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

NARSES2

The red and blue Dan Dare'esgue rockets were 2 of my favourites at Telford last year, missed them at Cosford, which is part of the problem with the venue - to spaced out.

The guy with the large scale sci-fi was at Bolton happily working on his huge Blakes 7 stuff. Was carving away at a large piece of wall insulation board/foam with what lookeed like a bread knife, and it was all slotting together like a Tamiya kit - artist a work  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

John Howling Mouse

As good as I bet most of the displays were, I'm sure I would have had a hard time pulling away from that What If table.  Great job, all of you!   :thumbsup:  :cheers:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Steel Penguin

an Orion overkiller , that would be interesting to see. ( footfall style? or something different)
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!