Anyone got/built the Revell 1/72nd EFA Typhoon

Started by chrisonord, April 07, 2009, 03:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

I was looking at a picture of a built Revell Typhoon, and it showed a load of weaponry with it, does all this come with the kit can anyone tell me.
I was thinking of getting one just for the weaponry with the kit if so.
Cheers
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

pyro-manic

Yep. The single-seater model comes with a whole raft of weapons. Very good value - half the sprues in the box are stores!

IIRC it comes with:
4 AMRAAMS
4 MBDA Meteors
2 ASRAAMs
2 AIM-9L/M
2 IRIS-T
2 Drop tanks
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

chrisonord

Sounds worth it just for the stores, I will keep my eye out for one of these for right money.
Cheers,
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Nick

If you mean the latest Revell kit no.4317, then yes it is a modern weapons kit with a nice jet included! Retails for about £10.

Any others such as the early JF90/EFA have very basic weapons included such as missiles in 2 halves etc.

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

B777LR

Nope, the Revell Typhoon does not come with a lot of weapons. The weapons come with a Typhoon :thumbsup: ;D

Hobbes

If you're after the weapons, get the single-seater kit. The twinseater only comes with AMRAAM, Meteor and Sidewinder.

And make sure you get the most recent kit. Revell has had a Typhoon kit before, based on preproduction data and with fewer weapons. The new kit has a picture on the side of all the weapons.

In addition to the ones Pyro mentions, there's Storm Shadow and Taurus.

Martin H

oh yes the modern NATO weapon set with free Typhoon.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

pyro-manic

Quote from: Hobbes on April 08, 2009, 02:30:07 AM
In addition to the ones Pyro mentions, there's Storm Shadow and Taurus.

Doh - forgot about those! Yes, a pair each of these cruise missiles. The decal sheet is also very good - comes with 4 RAF squadrons, 2 German, and 1 each Spanish, Austrian and Italian.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<