RAF Eagle GR.4A "Operation Telic 2003" - Airfix's TSR.2 1/48th scale

Started by Rafharrier, April 08, 2009, 10:52:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rafharrier

Hello,

just finished.

I had a lot of fun building this "what if", my first ever WIF.

I hope you like my choice!

CIAO!
Piero

Captain Canada

Dude, that's one dirty bird ! I love it ! Very nicely detailed, with plenty of touches to make it look all the more believable. Great job !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

lenny100

that is a true work of art and i hope we will one day get the chance to se it in the flesh
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

van883

ChernayaAkula

:bow: Absolutely fantastic!  :bow: Fantastic scheme, fantastic load-out, fantastic modifications, fantastic weathering....  :wub:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

NARSES2

Tremendous stuff. Amazing how some aircraft in "Sharks Mouth" look quite cuddly whilst others look mean - this is definately a mean one  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

JayBee

Fantastic :bow:
I love the extra bits you have done , especially the radome.

JimB
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Rafharrier

Hello,

many thanks for your compliments on my model!

The model is based on the Airfix's TSR.2 kit with the followings adds:

- the nose come came form Italeri's EF-2000 kit, fitted to the TSR.2 and alligned useing plasticard.
- the undernose FLIR pod came from Airfix's Tornado GR.4 kit.
- the cockpit is updated using Eduard's pre-colored F/A-18D etched set.
- the various antennas as IFF slice bird, UHF, Have Quick, and GPS domes came from Edaurd's etched sets and plasticard sheets.
- the LERX are scratch using plasticard sheets, insprired from the Harrier GR.7/9's LERX.
- the wing pylons and tanks are from Italeri's Tornado Gr.1 and Airfix's Tornado GR.4 kits.
- the ECM/DASS wingtip pods are from Italeri's EF-200 kit.
- the right side 30mm cannon firing and baller is from Quickboost's A-4N resin set.
- the underside rack pallets are from Hasegawa's F-14 kit.
- the various chaff&flares launcher were added on top of the fuselage and to the rear side of the rack pallet. They come from decal sheets.
- the LGB Paveway IIIs and Jdams comes from Hasegawa's weapon set.
- the Litening laser pod come from Hasegawa's Av-8B kit.
- on the vertical tail i added ECM/RWR bulges that come from Airfix's Jaguar and Italeri's EF-2000 kits.
- the vetical tail received a standard rudder and trim plus mechanisme fairing. No more all-moving tail.
- the rear underside received a couple of ventrale strakes from Hasegawa's F-14 kit, plus an ECM package also from Hasegawa's F-14 kit.
- the decals come from different sheets, all the setencils are from Airfix's TSR.2 kit, nose and special marikings are from Model Alliance and Euro Decals, plus Xtradecals sheets for Tornados and Jaguars.

CIAO!
Piero

Mike Wren

nev

Absolutely stunning! :wub:  One of the best TSR2s I've ever seen, the mods are superb and the paintjob is out of this world!
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

GTX

Alas, back to knitting for me...

Great work - can't wait to see your other creations.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Ed S

We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Bryan H.

WOW - Utterly believable!   :wub:  If GTX starts a 'whatif' knitting club I'll have to join!  ;D

:cheers: and happy modeling, Bryan

Miscellany (that effects modeling):
My son & daughter.
School - finishing my degree

Models (upcoming):
RCN A-4F+ ArcticHawk