Luxury Italian Flying Boat

Started by kitflubber, April 09, 2009, 10:44:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeke

What a glorious looking shape...fine work indeed... :thumbsup: :bow:
It's a big, wide world out there...so if it's all the same to you I'll just stay indoors!

tanktastic43

Would the passengers be able to walk through the wing connecting the hulls?

kitflubber

Thank you, Zeke!

Tanktastic43, yeah, that was my intention. The slanting pylons holding the wing have ladders inside to go up and polished slides to come down, for the captain and crew to visit below.

cthulhu77

kitflubber

Been adding fiddly little bits like actuators. I threw on a rough white gloss and deck color, as well as a fake ocean surface to get a feel.

kitflubber

kitflubber

I am still learning how to do reflections properly and predictably... That plane is supposed to be white, but there is a weird black reflection from something.

kitflubber

I've been toying with another idea, a Savoia Marchetti sequel to their smaller models like the S-55. This one has a huge passenger lounge roofed in glass, with tables, sofas, potted palms, a grand piano, a fountain of Asti Spumanti... The captain/pilot's cabin is on a conning tower for better visibility of other traffic. The front decks of the pontoons are open for promenades at mooring, and berths are in wings -- or maybe in pontoons to avoid engine noise (slightly!).

kitflubber

BTW, the bumps on the bottom seen in front view are ship to shore launches, also life boats.

kitflubber

Working on paint and rivets -- wow! Makes a difference!

cthulhu77

kitflubber

More renders -- did the engines, pretty painless.

kitflubber

Finally got ribs to show on rudder - -control surfaces are fabric.

nev

Wow, this is some pretty serious stuff :o
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

ElectrikBlue

Great modeling and texturing work on this beautiful model! :wub: :bow:

EB