Fw-190 and Ta-152 WHIF Ideas

Started by Joe C-P, July 15, 2002, 10:43:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

I can live with the Griffon Dora, but the Jumo Spitfire just doesn't look right to me.   This is, however, a personal opinion and I can understand those who reckon both look somewhat unbalanced.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

ysi_maniac

Overcrossing Dora-Veltro

IMO top one is beautiful, and bottom one is extreme.
Will die without understanding this world.

Rick Lowe

Dora-engined Veltro looks cool, but, as with the Spitfire, and the DB605-engined Fw that Dizzy did, you'd run into major problems with matching up the cross-sections.

The Wooksta!

I've argued this for nigh on a decade, but hey, this is whiffworld and you can do anything, bugger common sense and engineering reality.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

spicmart

Hello, new here.

Here I have a depiction of the Ta 152 from Heinz Nowarra's book (1987). It looks somehow contorted but apart from the too small vertical fin I like its looks very much. Would like to scratchbuild it with the fin enlarged somewhat. Also the wings appear quite small but this I like.

What do you think about this "deviation"?

The Wooksta!

Looks to be a Ta 152C with the DB603, although the drawing is waaaaay out!

Depending on the scale you're doing, you can buy a kit off the shelf - Dragon do one in 72nd but the fit is vile and Trumpeter/Hobbyboss do it in 48th.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

spicmart

Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 17, 2018, 03:17:55 PM
Looks to be a Ta 152C with the DB603, although the drawing is waaaaay out!

Depending on the scale you're doing, you can buy a kit off the shelf - Dragon do one in 72nd but the fit is vile and Trumpeter/Hobbyboss do it in 48th.

I think it would be better to use an Fw 190D-9 kit as the middle section from the gun muzzles to the rear section sans vertical stabilizer is more Dora-like. The cowl guns are too short for MG 151/20. Could be a fictitious short-barrelled 20 mm gun. The forward nose with radiator and spinner as well as the tail fin and the wings had to be completely scratchbuilt. The dimensions of this thing are more like those of a Dora.

ysi_maniac

Dora goes to Navy ... in Pirate side :wacko:

The green//blue camo is intentional  :o :unsure:
Will die without understanding this world.

Zero-Sen

Experimenting with Ta152 jet variants

Flyer

I like the second and third one's  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.