Allan's Dornier finally finished!!! some photos for my Whiffer brothers

Started by Allan, April 11, 2009, 09:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan

Here she is, boys, finally finished and artfully posed on the outside table under the pergola in Canberra, Australia on 12 April 2009, Easter Sunday.
I couldn't have got through this saga without the encouragement and support of you, my Whiffer brothers. I'll Hyperscale it later on, but all of you always come first.
Allan in Canberra

B777LR

Cool. It actually looks very much in place in Japanese markings, yet i would never have thought of that :thumbsup:

JayBee

Very, Very, nice.
You know there is something about your bookshelf that suggests that you like Japanese things, then again I could be wrong.

JimB

PM on its way.
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

PR19_Kit

Allan,

That's one mean looking machine, and we're all the better through having seen it grow from the start. Taking the pics outside makes a huge difference, I really must try that sometime.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Martin H

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Aircav

She looks great Allan and she really does look better in Japanese colours, have you given her a name yet ?
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

jorel62

Sauragnmon

Beautiful piece man - she really turned out nice in the Japanese markings, it looks oddly right.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

matrixone

Allan,

I agree with what the others have said, it looks very natural in Japanese colors. Great what-if! :thumbsup:

This site is my favorite and I also feel the same way that you do, when I finish a model the pics get posted here first. The other modelling sites can wait.

Matrixone

sequoiaranger

My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

noxioux

Vulcan7

"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

Allan

Thank you for your kind comments, fellows.
I'm not even sure I'm prepared to take this model to my hobby club meeting as there's so much that could get snapped off in the car on the way. Must think carefully about this.
I think the Dornier would look even better with a longer, tapering nose. My original thought was to attach a 1/48 109G spinner, but that would have been too much work.
No name for this bird yet. In Japanese arrow is "YA", but that seems too silly a name. Must come up with something.
Now I can settle back and have fun viewing the work of my fellow Whiffers. This part of the site is my favorite.
What I'm going to do next is work on my 1/72 Sabre, but in the Luftwaffe markings of No 2 ace Gerhard Barkhorn.
Thanks agian.
Allan in Canberra