Main Menu

Tank Hunters

Started by Weaver, April 13, 2009, 10:07:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

Quote from: Sisko on December 25, 2009, 08:08:22 PM

Might be an excuse to stump up the cash for this one!

Ditto this one!

Although I really can't see being able to stretch to £130....  Maybe a 'diet' version mounted on a Falcon hull.  I've seen an earlier version of the cobra with a D-Cannon mounted on a turret, but I think it'd look good like the Type II above.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Sauragnmon

For some reason, I have the idea of a Jagd-BTR in my head, like taking a BTR-80 and somehow shoe horning a heavy gun into the left side of the chassis.  Not sure why, entirely, but it was there.

Conversely, a Jagd-Merkava might be interesting.  Other ideas are probably lurking in my skull too.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Weaver

Quote from: Sauragnmon on January 02, 2010, 05:54:07 AM
For some reason, I have the idea of a Jagd-BTR in my head, like taking a BTR-80 and somehow shoe horning a heavy gun into the left side of the chassis.  Not sure why, entirely, but it was there.

Conversely, a Jagd-Merkava might be interesting.  Other ideas are probably lurking in my skull too.

Well there was the WWII German Pakwagon (sdkfz-something or other) which was basically an 8-wheeled armoured car with the turret and roof cut off and as 75mm Pak-40 fitted to the floor. You could do something like that with a BTR and the rear-engined layout would be ideal.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

beowulf

interesting thread............found it via the 2011 Group Build poll thread

obvious that its not going to win but it really got my imagination going.................in fact it got it going to such a degree that im half way thro kitbashing a 1/35 Cruiser tank into ein Englander PanzerJager  ;D...a casement style tank hunter

all going well but ive hit a stumbling block......what on earth can i call it?........obviously the name should begin with 'c' but ive drawn a blank.............any suggestions gratefully received  :thumbsup:
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

Weaver

Quote from: beowulf on December 19, 2010, 04:04:26 AM
interesting thread............found it via the 2011 Group Build poll thread

obvious that its not going to win but it really got my imagination going.................in fact it got it going to such a degree that im half way thro kitbashing a 1/35 Cruiser tank into ein Englander PanzerJager  ;D...a casement style tank hunter

all going well but ive hit a stumbling block......what on earth can i call it?........obviously the name should begin with 'c' but ive drawn a blank.............any suggestions gratefully received  :thumbsup:

Well real British SPATGs had "A" names: Archer, Avenger, Alecto, Achilles, so maybe go down that route?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

beowulf

lol......even harder now!... ;D...i will have to put my thinking cap on!  :thumbsup:

im thinking maybe Argus would suit it since a few had names from greek mythology
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

scorchio

Perhaps go through the list of Royal Navy ships with names beginning with A for some suitably British suggestions?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ship_names_of_the_Royal_Navy_%28A%29

There have been plenty of ships that share names with land vehicles in there.

Argus is a pretty good one though.

Weaver

Adder
Allegro
Anaconda
Anteater
Antelope
Antler
Anvil
Arbiter
Armadillo
Arrow
Atlas
Axeman

I was going to suggest "Ascender", but then I realised what soldiers would immediately make of it.... :wacko: :rolleyes:

- Indiana Jones

manytanks

Pzkpw,v11Aus.S,Sd,kfz,2010mit porscher turret
Do you have any models at all?

philp

Think Anvil has a good ring to it.

I have got to get a Sherman kit to do my Jagdsherman.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

beowulf

Quote from: Weaver on December 20, 2010, 07:25:00 PM
Allegro

i refuse to name it after a crappy British Leyland car with a square steering wheel!  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

of all those i like Anvil, Atlas and Argus............so it will be one of those.......will pick one closer to finish time

many thanks  :thumbsup:

Mossie

Ares (very appropriate) or Apollo?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Weaver

Quote from: beowulf on December 21, 2010, 12:03:36 PM
Quote from: Weaver on December 20, 2010, 07:25:00 PM
Allegro

i refuse to name it after a crappy British Leyland car with a square steering wheel!  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well it means "quickly", which seems appropriate for a Crusader-based SPATG, although it'sstill a mystery why the car got the name.... ;D

I was rather taken with Adder, since it's a uniquely British snake.

- Indiana Jones

Mossie

I liked Adder too, for the same reason.

rickshaw

Perhaps paint it black?   ;D ;D ;D
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.