Your current wish list

Started by GTX, April 15, 2009, 02:24:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedarkmaster

well the list would go on and on but for today it has to be

A decent 1/72 injection VC10
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

upnorth

A few off the top of my head (in 1/72)

Brooklands/ Edgely Optica

Piaggio P.180 Avanti
(I know a kit of the prototype exisits in vac form and there are resin kits, but it deserves to be done in injection)

New tooled Sopwith Tripehound

New tooled Roland Walfisch

Injection molded "Shilka" anti aircraft vehicle

My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

chrisonord

Thought of some more now hehehe :wacko:
Turbo prop conversion kits for my AC-119k and NordAtlas, with contra prop blades.
Oh and the same for my Caribou.
a couple of 1/72nd scale F-302's.
2 Lockheed sea shadows in the same scale.
a couple of Swedish and Norwegian Stealth ships/gun boats.
I will no doubt wake up in the middle of the night with something else to add.
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

rallymodeller

Wow. All the choices and what I mainly want is a decent injection Scimitar in either 48th (preferably) or 72nd.

Other wants are any RCAF/CAF post-war aircraft not currently kitted:

CF-100 Mk. 3
CP-107 Argus (already mentioned by the Cap'n)
CC-109 Cosmopolitan (Convair CV-440)
CC-115 Buffalo in 72nd
CP-121 Tracker (in 48th, and not the USN one -- ours were a foot shorter)
CX-131 Dynavert
CC-132 Dash-7
CT-145 King Air

And better versions of some already kitted, like an actual accurate CF-100, a decent Dash-8, a 48th Twin Otter (with floats, please!), and so forth. One day I would like to do one of each aircraft Canada used post-war. Some are easier to find than others...

--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

John Howling Mouse

The following produced by Tamiya, Trumpeter or Hasegawa in 1:48
- IA-58 Pucara
- Viggen
- Twin Otter
- MiG-25 and/or MiG-31 (I forgot one)

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

puddingwrestler

Okay, now this will all sound really eccentric, but...

Non scale-specific space craft engine sections (be they rocket, or more advanced looking units) in a range of sizes. Possibly also a range of modular starship hull sections so you could buy a kit and stick bits together in inventive ways to make your own ships.

A re-release and update of the waterline series 1/700 optional turrets etc, including an updated series of SF starship weapons in a range of sizes.

A bunch of 1/72 scale plastic weapons sets - not just missiles but cannons, MGs, rockets, all podded or 'naked' for kitbashing with.

More armored cars in 1/35 - why should everything have to have tracks and be from WW2?

Good main stream manufacturer models of early helicopters. Surely the historical significance of the first Sikorskys and the Flettner Kolibri deserve some attention from the mainstream? (My skills and patience do not run to constructing limited run eastern european models you understand)

An affordable and easily found range of 1/24 modern weapondary for fitting to post apocalyptic combat cars

A series of 'kitbash boxes' which simply consist of three or four sprues from the manufacturer's stocks and boxed by theme in a rather lucky dip fashion (ie: 1/72 Aircraft parts, 1/35 tank parts, 1/25 car parts) :ph34r:
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

NARSES2

Quote from: pyro-manic on April 15, 2009, 03:28:51 AM
1:700 British ships - HMS Warspite, Ark Royal IV, Victorious, Iron Duke 1912, Vanguard 1946 for a start! Fed up with endless Iowas and Yamatos.

Master Box are bringing out a series of WWI "Grand Fleet" battleships in 1/700. Mainly German at the moment but HMS Dreadnaught 1912 is listed as well. See April issue of Scale Millitary Modeller International
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

In 1:48
Mirage IIIE/V/50 & Kfir family - preferably up to HobbyBoss/Eduard standard.
An 'affordable' Meteor family - I know that's entirely subjective but come-on CA kits at almost £40.00 ! :banghead:

In 1:32
A Hurricane family - (Caution Rant mode ACTIVE)WHY THIS ICONIC/SIGNIFICANT AIRCRAFT HAS NOT BEEN KITTED SINCE THE OLD REVELL OFFERING IS COMPLETELY BEYOND ME ! (Rant mode SAFE)

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Mossie

1/144 injection V-Bombers.  Replacements for the 1/72 Victor & Vulcan would be nice to have, but not essential.
1/72 Scaled Composites ARES
1/72 Airwolf, or at least a Bell 222 as someones bound to do a resin conversion.
1/72 Edgley Optica to echo upnorth
HMS Dreadnought, although this has been mentioned by Pyro

Quote from: chrisonord on April 15, 2009, 07:18:32 AM
TU-160, TU-95
one of every other large Soviet Bomber from the fifties onwards.

Chris, most of these are available.  Trumpeter do the the Tu-160, Tu-95, Tu-142, Tu-16 & the Tu22M is imminent.  Italeri do a Tu-22.  A Model do most of the others, including several variants of the 3M Bison & the T-4 & M-50 prototypes, but these are very pricey.  To be honest, Trumpeters offerings are far from cheap but they are huge kits.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: pyro-manic on April 15, 2009, 03:28:51 AM
In 1:72 injection plastic, of course:
A decent DH Sea Vixen
TSR2 (reissue - not paying scalpers' prices on ebay )
Saro Princess (might have to settle for 1:144 for this one!)

1:700 British ships - HMS Warspite, Ark Royal IV, Victorious, Iron Duke 1912, Vanguard 1946 for a start! Fed up with endless Iowas and Yamatos.

I'm with Pyro here, a list after my own heart, specially the 1/72 TSR2. It's not as if they have to make the moulds even, just PUT IT BACK IN PRODUCTION!

As for the Princess, well any scale would do, 1/144 at the bottem level, but the thought of one in 1/72, woweee!  ;D

And the modelling world has needed an Ark Royal IV since for ever! In 1/350 would be terrific, or even larger! Something that you can build a decent air group for anyway.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Bungle

Wish list ?

How about a 1:1 scale 1980 Linda Lusardi or Sam Fox ?

Better find out what the RLM is for flesh as I'll need a fair bit. .........   ;D

Better get back to taking my tablets in a darkened room.
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

kitnut617

Quote from: Bungle on April 16, 2009, 09:08:36 AM
1980 Linda Lusardi

Remember her just before I emigrated that year, is she still around then, there was a story that she had cancer ----

Okay, I know --- off topic ------ er! who nick me coat --------
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

chrisonord

Quote from: Mossie on April 16, 2009, 07:25:03 AM
1/144 injection V-Bombers.  Replacements for the 1/72 Victor & Vulcan would be nice to have, but not essential.
1/72 Scaled Composites ARES
1/72 Airwolf, or at least a Bell 222 as someones bound to do a resin conversion.
1/72 Edgley Optica to echo upnorth
HMS Dreadnought, although this has been mentioned by Pyro

Quote from: chrisonord on April 15, 2009, 07:18:32 AM
TU-160, TU-95
one of every other large Soviet Bomber from the fifties onwards.

Chris, most of these are available.  Trumpeter do the the Tu-160, Tu-95, Tu-142, Tu-16 & the Tu22M is imminent.  Italeri do a Tu-22.  A Model do most of the others, including several variants of the 3M Bison & the T-4 & M-50 prototypes, but these are very pricey.  To be honest, Trumpeters offerings are far from cheap but they are huge kits.
Hi Mossie,
I know they are available but not to my budget >:(
I will have to wait until I get my compensation before I can buy anything like these :banghead:
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

pyro-manic

Chris - I picked up a pair of the Trumpy bombers (Bear-J and Badger) last year for a great price, from one of the members here (can't remember who at the moment). Worth keeping a lookout for them here and at shows etc.

QuoteMaster Box are bringing out a series of WWI "Grand Fleet" battleships in 1/700. Mainly German at the moment but HMS Dreadnaught 1912 is listed as well. See April issue of Scale Millitary Modeller International

Cool - I'll keep an eye out for those! Wouldn't mind a Seydlitz in 1:700 either. :thumbsup:

Kit - yeah, Ark 4 is such a significant ship - I'm surprised Airfix didn't do it in the 70s, to be honest. 350th would be very cool, but that's too big for me - I wouldn't have space to display such a beast. Same for the Princess - 1:72 would be incredible, but it'd need a room all to itself to display! I'd still buy one, though... :wub:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

braincells37

A simple list: a 48th scale B-23 Dragon and 48th scale Capelis XC-12 (which would be a perfect kit for all the Whiffers out there). Both will probably happen when I'm nearly finished scratchbuilding them...
Terry
IPMS Seattle 'President For Life'