Your current wish list

Started by GTX, April 15, 2009, 02:24:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

Currently there hasn't been an up to date decent injection model of a subject since (hold back vomit as he says it) Armageddon. Hammerheads from Space above and beyond, Battlestar G, Red Dwarf, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, any of the new Sci Fi movies, any of the old sci fi movies. The only real exception was the huge and expensive Enterprize from Polar Lights. Nice kit but holy frig, hard to build.

I would like to see a Canadian LAV III without having to spend 200 extra bucks to convert another kit. For that matter, without trying to sound anti anyone, I'd like to see a little less pandering to the suspected larger markets. For instance, I bought the wonderful C-17 but rather than include any other countries that use it, Revelle choose to have decals for 2 USAF squadrons. Now really, would it have hurt to have included a set of Brit, Aussie or Cannuck roundels? Short of someone who has a direct connection to one or the other squadron, the squadron choices here really don't matter if she's got the Stars and Bars, do they?

Take the ubiquitous F-16. A zillion variants sold to a zillion different countries, right? Yet how many kits are packaged to include the variants say from Israel? As I understand it, to get an accurate Star of David F-16, you need to buy after market decals, resin, photo etch and so on, yet here is one of the most pronounced users of such a great aircraft.

Now that I've said that, run that to include variants of the Hunter, Migs of various types, and so on, so on etc. If it got sold to another country, or modified, we as historians are keenly interested in those versions, are we not? Why does it always have to be the suspected market. I don't believe for one second that folks in the US market would balk at purchasing a Douglas Invader with Brazillian markings and their wing tanks.
Getting back into modeling

HOG

If you go into specifics the list is as endless and as exotic as ever. But what I would like is some decent 1:48 figures. No epic stances of daring do, but simple poses- pushing pulling lifting etc, in a basic mechanics overalls.
Head sets in various hats and helmets. Figures in shorts and shirtsleeve order. More arms in alternative positions in figure sets.

But my main wish is that when they do make figures the sprue isn`t attached to the part by an ear or the top of the hat where half the build is repairing what was there originally but is removed when cleaning up!

But if I had to suggest a kit then the Me 109Z that actually fits together in 1:48.

Cheerz  :drink:
Gary

IDIOT EDIT
I forgot to mention Diorama Litter. Trucks, trollies, accumulaters, tugs, tractors, lox carts, ladders, steps, cranes, bowsers, decent tool sets, cans, crates, barrels, drums, bottles, shovels picks etc, and at reasonable prices!!!!.
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

matrixone

My wish list,

1/144 scale:

Ju 287

Ta 400

Horten Amerka Bomber

Me 264

Some kits of WWII hangers and/or control towers

1/48 scale:

Ta 152C

Opel Blitz fuel truck

1/32 scale:

Ta 183

Luftwaffe pilot and ground crew figures

Matrixone

Fulcrum

All in 1:72:
-Mig-29M kit (to replace my original mig-29A which I converted into a Mig-29M(A)
or
-batch of modern weapons to put on my Mig-29M(A) instead (Aim-9X, JDAM, SDB's)
&
-Il-76 kit (with a optional air-refueling kit to add to it)
or
-C-17 kit
Fulcrums Forever!!!
Master Assembler

rallymodeller

Quote from: Gary on April 16, 2009, 01:15:19 PM
I would like to see a Canadian LAV III without having to spend 200 extra bucks to convert another kit.

Trumpeter has, shock of shocks, 35th AVGPs in the pipeline. ASLAVs as well, which means that a LAV-III can't be far behind.
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

philp

All injection molded.

1/72nd Aircraft
Revell F-101B
Matchbox Skynight
New kits of the F-102 and F-106 to replace the old Hasagawa versions
T-43
C-9A
C-5
C-17
Il-76
PC-7
PC-9

1/72nd Armor
New M-24 Chaffee
Sherman DD
Sherman Crab
Churchill AVRE with Fascine
M-42 Duster
Centurion (Korea, Aussie and Israeli versions)
Buffalo
Cadillac Gage Peacekeeper (also in 1/35th)
Sgt York

1/24th Autos
Monogram Dragon Wagon
1966 Batmobile

Sci-Fi
1/72nd Viper (all marks)
1/72nd Cylon Raiders (both versions)
1/350th Nautilas (Disney version)
1/1000 USS Bozeman
1/1000 USS Reliant
1/72nd TIE Bomber
1/72nd Marauder
1/72nd Tomahawk
1/72nd Warhammer

1/72nd Naval
Late version PT-Boat
LCT

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Weaver

Quote from: puddingwrestler on April 15, 2009, 10:48:30 PM

More armored cars in 1/35 - why should everything have to have tracks and be from WW2?

Even though  I don't do 1/35th, I'd second that, particularly if there were some 1/72nd versions to go with them. The French in particualr have done LOADS of interesting armoured cars and related APCs that have seen both service and combat all over the world, yet they hardly ever seem to get kitted. (Brownie points to ACE for doing some 1/72nd Panhards  :thumbsup:).

Oh, and just for Philip, a Firefly-class merchant vessel in, I guess, 1/144th scale.... :thumbsup: (just bought the DVDs having never seen the series)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Quote from: pyro-manic on April 16, 2009, 11:54:36 AM
QuoteMaster Box are bringing out a series of WWI "Grand Fleet" battleships in 1/700. Mainly German at the moment but HMS Dreadnaught 1912 is listed as well. See April issue of Scale Millitary Modeller International

Cool - I'll keep an eye out for those! Wouldn't mind a Seydlitz in 1:700 either. :thumbsup:

Full list Kronprinz, Grosser Kurfurst, Koenig, Markgraf, Dreadnaught
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Sauragnmon

My Wish List... wow, there's some stuff here I could love to see.  For the record, these are all meant purely as PLASTIC, I don't have the financial resources to get Resin, so sod off on suggestions, this is a Wish list, and these are my Wishes.  Whether anybody actually listens, I suspect hell might just freeze over first.  So here we go:

1/700 Ships (let's start with what got me whiffing to begin with)

HMS Warspite 1940's (damn bloody straight I want the Spite, one of those few I would go OOB with.)
USS Alaska 1940's (Give it to me in PLASTIC damn you, I want to whif that sucker!)
Modern US Weapons (Include RAM and Mk41VLS in the STANDARD run, Pitroad! Don't tease me with Special Editions that are out of production when I hear about them!)
Modern European Weapons (Gods damn you, update that set, and release it in a box you bastards, I want some Sea Darts and Oto 5" turrets!!!!)
Modern US/Euro/Russian Radar sets (I want some of the ones you can't find in a set, like Top Dome, Tomb Stone, Top Steer, Top Pair, maybe give us some of the Russian VLS as well, and gods damnit, give me KASHTANS!!!)
Zubr/Pomornik LCACs (gimme two or three in a box, I wanna turn a Kiev into an LHD damn you.)
1940's USS Iowa to replace Tamiya kit (she's long in the tooth, let's get an update, Trumpy, are you listening? Chase your SoDak with that)

1/144 Aircraft
Tu-22/M/M3 Blinder/Backfire - Trumpy, if you chase the Tu-22M you put in 1/72 with a 1/144 like your other bombers, my the gods, don't you DARE screw us like you did with the Blackjack, I WANT THAT PAYLOAD!!!!!!
Tu-160 Blackjack - Zvezda's is nice for the weapons bay (not complete payload) and Trumpy's is nice for detail, but they SEALED THE BAYS AND DIDN'T INCLUDE THE KH-55's!!!
Russian Bomber Equipment Set - All payload options for the Russian Bombers - Kh-22, Kh-55, AS-2, AS-6, AS-1, AS-5, and the massive multi-bomb racks the Backfires carry for fracktons of bombs - I want to do a Backfire in the "There goes the neighbourhood" setup, I want to do a Tu-95K-22, I want to do an actual Tu-95MS with the missiles in the bay, give me some damn weapons!!!!!
Avro Vulcan - I want to build one in 1/144, and I can't find that vacuform kit, somebody, please, give us one in plastic.
Any Other Major Bombers - this is the prime scale for bombers, please, by gods, people, start producing more of the bombers of the world in 1/144

1/72 Aircraft
Su-33 - Zvezda, you make one, but sell the molds to somebody and don't just kill the line, PLEASE!!!
CF-105 - somebody please do a new version, the Hobbycraft kit is horrible, and she's a beautiful plane.
YF-23 - Can we get a version that has the bays, please?
Yak-141 - I want to build one, but it's so damn expensive to justify it for ONE plane.
X-02 Wyvern - I could cheerfully kill the people who crank out the garage kits and then sell them only in Japan.
More Prototype Jets - Please, I love seeing them at the least, if they come in plastic, please don't let the legacy die of those that almost were.

In General
MORE Never-Weres!!!  Give us the subjects that were robbed of their chance at power, in Plastic!
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

philp

Quote from: Weaver on April 17, 2009, 12:59:05 AM

Oh, and just for Philip, a Firefly-class merchant vessel in, I guess, 1/144th scale.... :thumbsup: (just bought the DVDs having never seen the series)

Actually would like it in 1/72nd  :wub: but 1/144th would do nicely.  There is a large scale card kit of this that I would like to use as templates for a plastic version.  Build up here.
http://www.tanksandtrolls.co.uk/firefly.htm

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

B777LR

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 17, 2009, 03:28:43 AM
Quote from: pyro-manic on April 16, 2009, 11:54:36 AM
QuoteMaster Box are bringing out a series of WWI "Grand Fleet" battleships in 1/700. Mainly German at the moment but HMS Dreadnaught 1912 is listed as well. See April issue of Scale Millitary Modeller International

Cool - I'll keep an eye out for those! Wouldn't mind a Seydlitz in 1:700 either. :thumbsup:

Full list Kronprinz, Grosser Kurfurst, Koenig, Markgraf, Dreadnaught

Koenig as in Koenigsberg, the WWI light cruiser that was sunk in Tanzania?

pyro-manic

No, SMS Koenig, the battleship. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMS_Koenig

Good grief, I can't believe I forgot about this one!

HMS Tiger 1913, in 1:700 (and 350th). One of the most beautiful warships ever built. More likely there'd be a kit of Lion (Beatty's flagship), but Tiger is prettier.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Sauragnmon

You know, Pyro... if I think about it, I bet you could probably make a Tiger by modifying a Kongo - the Kongo was actually designed as upgrades from the Lion, which were further taken up a notch with Tiger.  Granted, the Japanese modified the tower structures with extra legs, and a few other changes, but I think I've got her right way around.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Mossie

I'll back up Gary's call for Red Dwarf kits, a Starbug would be great & of course the Small Rouge One herself.  I'm getting greedy, but Ace Rimmers ship from Dimension Jump would be the icing on the cake.  Maybe even some figures, Rimmer in a gingham dress with a scale Mr Flibble???

Hopefully, if the recent three new episodes (I missed them, for smegs sake!) generate enough interest for a new series, some kits might be launched off the back of it.  Unlikely, I know, but I can wish!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.