Previous topic - Next topic

Librarian

New Tool Mainstream 1/48:

TU-22B Blinder (I can dream ;D)
Beriev BE-12
Grumman J2F Duck (Early)
HP Hampden
HP Halifax
Yokosuka P1Y Ginga....and the list goes on (B-17, B-25J, B-26, B-29 etc).

Rhodri

A self-cleaning workbench would be very useful, just now.

NARSES2

I'd go along with the wish for an Airfix 1/72 Hornet

Quote from: bobbo on February 02, 2015, 03:21:05 PM
. . . Still waiting for an injected (Coward that I am) F2H-2 Banshee.  Although, I'm definitely going to get the Kitty Hawk F2H-2 when it comes out.

bobbo

Sword do the Banshee in 1/72. Got one in the stash
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Go4fun

Say 4 or 5 of the Maynard Troyer Modified kits and a few resin car bodies in 1:25th. Maybe a few of the 1932 Coupes and Roadsters also.
"I have ideas. Evil ideas"!
"Just which planet are you from again"?

Runway ? ...

Quote from: zenrat on February 02, 2015, 12:57:34 AM
I'd really like a 1/72 Mig 21.  They're like rocking horse poo round here for some reason.
Has.
Arm and a leg ;)

Dork the kit slayer

Quote from: Rhodri on February 03, 2015, 05:48:13 AM
A self-cleaning workbench would be very useful, just now.

Put me down for two :thumbsup:....................not bothered how much. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on February 02, 2015, 09:56:40 AM
and i'd second a half decent F-106A/B in 1/72 too!  :rolleyes: please!  :rolleyes:

What Howard said!  :thumbsup:

Quote from: McColm on February 03, 2015, 01:57:47 AM
ESCI used to do a Ford Transit in 1/24 scale. I've seen these in diecast, but a plastic kit has so many variants to choose from.

I have one of those in The Loft, and pretty impressive it is too. I'm tempted to make it into one of the Supervans that Ford did on various Transits, or something similar anyway.

Quote from: Runway ? ... on February 03, 2015, 08:15:59 AM
I'd really like a 1/72 Mig 21.  They're like rocking horse poo round here for some reason.
Has.
Arm and a leg ;)

Oh crumbs, PLEASE let someone do a better 21 than the Airfix kit, preferably with some landing gear that's strong enough to support the model!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

major

To be able to buy the odd cheap kit, and not have the postage be two, or three times, the cost of the the contents! :banghead:

(Although, i'm spoilt for choice here, if i want Airfix or Revell starter kits! :rolleyes:)

Sauragnmon

There are a number of 1/72 MiG-21's out there.. Revell's F-13 version, there are some from Zvezda including the 21bis, there are the Eastern European makers for them, including the 21-93, and if you're masochistic on price, RV Resin has some of the best MiG-21's out there in 1/72, including the best engine replication going, as it includes the inner core of the exhaust nozzle, a resin cockpit, and all that goodness.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

zenrat

Has.
Arm and a leg ;)

Had those as a kid.  Destroyed them both of course.
I've found an affordable 21R by KP Models - HLJ backorder though so it could take forever or even longer.
The problem isn't the lack of Mig 21 kits being made it's a lack of them in my LHS or on Evil-Bay (there is currently a Revell one there but i'm not paying $18 for local postage).

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

major

Quote from: zenrat on February 04, 2015, 01:00:36 AM
Has.
Arm and a leg ;)

Had those as a kid.  Destroyed them both of course.
I've found an affordable 21R by KP Models - HLJ backorder though so it could take forever or even longer.
The problem isn't the lack of Mig 21 kits being made it's a lack of them in my LHS or on Evil-Bay (there is currently a Revell one there but i'm not paying $18 for local postage).

Hit the nail on the head there! Loads of choice out there, but its getting your hands on them. Of the LHS left here, they seem to be playing it safe, Spitfires, Spitfires, Spitfires!! Or, if you want something different, ME 109's, Airfix or Revell.

The Master craft Mig 21's are quite nice, and cheap, at €3.93, but, nearly €14 for postage! If i buy €100+ worth of kits, postage is fixed at about €25, but who's going to do that. (I have done in the past, but with my short attention span!!! So many ideas in me head!)

Anyway, i want a CASA CN235, and a P2V Neptune. Oh!, and a couple of Aero Plast AV 8B's, or their sea harriers!(Yes, they dont really look much like harriers, but they're not meant to!)

bobbo

[

Quote from: bobbo on February 02, 2015, 03:21:05 PM
. . . Still waiting for an injected (Coward that I am) F2H-2 Banshee.  Although, I'm definitely going to get the Kitty Hawk F2H-2 when it comes out.

bobbo

Sword do the Banshee in 1/72. Got one in the stash
[/quote]

Oops!  Thanks!  I will order 1 or 2 today!

bobbo

kitbasher

The way work is going at the mo I would like:

• To be cloned so my 'twin' can pick up some of the tasks
  • 8 days a week
  • time travel
  • Emily Blunt
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitbasher on February 04, 2015, 05:59:21 AM
The way work is going at the mo I would like:

• Emily Blunt

I didn't know she worked for the CAA too.........  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit